Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

Posted Jan 21, 2010 03:25 PM
    Hello-

I installed a new 11.0.5002.333 installation of Symantec Endpoint on  Windows Server 2008 Enterprse 2008 SP2.  The SQL server is on the same server.

When I bring up the SEPM console, the Home, Monitor, and Reports do not display all the information and controls.
    SEPM-Home.png

I have tried all of the advice I found in previous post on this subject.
    - verified IIS settings and permissions.
    - verified ODBC source connectivity
    - turned off IE Enhanced Security for users and admins on the server
    - put localhost in IE trusted zone, and created custom security to enable scripts, etc per similiar posted solutions.
    - currently using JRE 6u17, but I've tried several

We have an existing server on WinServer 2003 that we've continued to upgrade to 11.0.5 that still runs and displays everything.  I'm trying to migrate to the new server, but don't want to run SyLinkReplacer until the monitor, and reports work.

I'm out of ideas.  Has anyone else seen and fixed this condition?

Thanks,

-Roy-

• 2.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

Posted Jan 21, 2010 10:10 PM
     Another reason this can happen is if javascript is not enabled in IE. Check:

Enable Javasript in Internet Options :-

1) Select 'Tools' from the top menu.

2) Choose 'Internet Options'. 

3) Click on the 'Security' tab. 

4) Click on 'Custom Level'. 

5) Scroll down until you see section labeled 'Scripting'. 

6) Under 'Active Scripting', select 'Enable' and click OK.

Now SEPM should display all graphics on Home, Monitors and Reports if that was the problem

Cheers
    Grant

• 3.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

Posted Jan 21, 2010 10:20 PM
    Sorry to post again but it sounds like you have went through almost all the troubleshooting options we usually give to users. It might be a good idea to open a case with support if you don't recieve any other answers.

One other reason this might happen is theIUSR_Server name account in IIS does not have the proper permissions or is corrupted. If that is the case then you will have to call into support and they can provide you with more troubleshooting steps. 

Sorry I can't give a better answer,
    Grant

• 4.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

• 5.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

Posted Jan 21, 2010 11:40 PM
    if the above solution doesn't work, I ran into this problem, and the culprit WAS Java, the latest update (17 I believe). I removed it, and went back to a lower verision (14 or 15), and everything worked great. I couldn't see the home, reports and monitors at all, so the links above sound more likely.

• 6.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

Posted Jan 21, 2010 11:40 PM
     Thanks Visu,

This is a great article. I have not seen this one, and I really hope that solves Roy's problem.

Grant-

• 7.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager

Posted Jan 22, 2010 04:22 PM

Thanks, Grant, Visu, and Jim

This is a 32-bit system so it's not x64 Java.

I backed out to Java 6u14, still problems.

Repaired SEPM - no change.

The winner may be missing IUSR account for IIS.  I don't find this on the system and my SysAdmin says it should be there.  Unfortunately, we're both tied up until the middle of next week so he cannot check it out until then.  He said we may need to re-install IIS.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll post the results after the SysAdmin works on the server.

-Roy-

• 8.  RE: Another case of Home, Monitor, Reports and images not active or visible in Symanatec Endpoint Manager