Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Last Logon User

Posted Mar 24, 2011 04:37 PM

I login send basic inventory and the "Last Logon User" gets populated. I logoff, send inventory again (using RAAD) and the "Last Logon User" gets removed. Is that how its suppose to work?

Isn't suppose to retain the "Last Logon User" even thou I logged off.

• 2.  RE: Last Logon User
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 24, 2011 06:03 PM

Where do you see this?  This has to do with differences in the database.  Is this a particular report?  Resource Manager?  What data class?

AeX AC Identification will show a blank Last Logon User and Last Logon Domain if no users are logged on when basic inventory is sent.

I know, it's a little confusing, because clearly this is called Last Logon User so it should be the last user with a logon event.  But instead this is some sort of "If anyone was logged in when basic inventory is sent, who was it?"

To get the data you want, look at the Evt_AeX_Client_Logon table.  I recently provided a SQL query to a user to do this very thing:
    http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/howto-create-report-using-report-builder

Does this help?

• 3.  RE: Last Logon User

Posted Mar 25, 2011 10:49 AM

Thanks for the clarification and for your sql query link. I will try it out and let you know. Below is the query that I was trying to use. I wanted to see all PCs that have NOT contacted the NS server in more than 5 days. I would also like to see the last user logon to it:

DECLARE @v1_TrusteeScope nvarchar(max)
       SET @v1_TrusteeScope = N'%TrusteeScope%'
    SELECT
       [vri2_Computer].[Guid] AS [_ItemGuid],
       [vri2_Computer].[Name],
    va.[Serial Number],
    i.[Client Date] as 'Last Contact',
    va.[Status],
    i.[Last Logon User],
    va.Model,
    aci.[Location],
    mc.description as 'McCarterMemo'
    FROM
       [vRM_Computer_Item] AS [vri2_Computer]
       LEFT JOIN vAsset va
          ON va._ResourceGuid = [vri2_Computer].[Guid]
       LEFT JOIN Inv_AeX_AC_Identification i
             ON i._ResourceGuid = va._ResourceGuid
       LEFT JOIN dbo.vAllComputerInfo aci
           ON aci.Guid = va._ResourceGuid
       LEFT JOIN Inv_McCarter_Memo mc
           ON mc._ResourceGuid = i._ResourceGuid
    WHERE
    DATEDIFF(hh, i.[Client Date], getDate()) > '120'
    AND va.Model NOT LIKE 'HP Mini%'
    AND va.Model NOT LIKE 'Latitude%'
    AND va.Model NOT LIKE 'Inspiron%'
    AND
       (
          ([vri2_Computer].[Guid] IN (SELECT [ResourceGuid] FROM [ScopeMembership] WHERE [ScopeCollectionGuid] IN (SELECT [ScopeCollectionGuid] FROM dbo.fnGetTrusteeScopeCollections(@v1_TrusteeScope))))
       )
    ORDER BY
    aci.[Location],
    i.[Client Date]