Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Moving Clients from one Management Server to another

Posted Sep 10, 2009 02:06 AM
    Hello all,

I am looking for the easiest/best way to move 20 odd Clients from one ESPSB Management Server (which is being decommissioned) to the new ESPSB Management Server?

Cheers, Mark.

• 2.  RE: Moving Clients from one Management Server to another

Posted Sep 10, 2009 12:22 PM
    Hello,  What is ESPSB? This forum is for the SEP 12 SBE product. I can move your post to the correct forum once I understand what product you are using.

Thanks,
    Thomas

• 3.  RE: Moving Clients from one Management Server to another

Posted Sep 10, 2009 06:18 PM

Oops, typo.  Yes it is SEP Small Business Edition.

• 4.  RE: Moving Clients from one Management Server to another

• 5.  RE: Moving Clients from one Management Server to another

Posted Sep 16, 2009 09:05 AM

The best way is export the installation package to the group (in the new management server) which you want to move the clients. From the exported installation package copy Sylink.xml and serdef.dat files.
    Now go the clients computere
    1. Click on Start -> Go to Run -> Type in smc -stop , and click on OK,
    This Command will stop the Symantec Service.

Now go to C:\Programme\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection. It will ask If it wants to Overwrite the files , Please click on Yes to ALL.

Click on Start -> Go to Run -> Type in smc -start. This Command will Restart the Symantec Service

Now all the clients will report to the new management server.

• 6.  RE: Moving Clients from one Management Server to another

Posted Sep 22, 2009 03:46 PM
    @ Tumbi1, Can you give us an update on your client move? Did the solution from Rajesh work for you?

Thomas

• 7.  RE: Moving Clients from one Management Server to another
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2009 11:58 AM
    Hi,

When you install the SEP 12 SBE, it make a check for presense of communication settings at the follwing location:

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Protection Center\Server Private Key Backup

So, if you create a similar folder structure on the new server. And copy all the contents of the folder from previous spc in that new folder, at the time of installation, installer will detect presense of communication settings and ask you if you want to use those settings to re-establish communication with those clients.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Best,
    Aniket