Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection email Scanning Option

Posted Apr 09, 2010 11:13 AM

Hi all, I have one quick question here.

I am running Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5.

In the management console, which option and policy should I choose to make sure

1) I can exclude SEP to check on a mail gateway
    2) No incoming and outgoing email scannings on specific / particular computer (PC Name / IP)

I think I can migrate and deploy a new group for these "specific / particular" computer and setup policies, but which options do the trick?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection email Scanning Option
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2010 11:31 AM
    We do not use email scanning in SEP.  Each local client has the SEP client and it is also on our Exchange servers.  We also use a Symantec Brightmail appliance for scanning all incoming/outgoing email at the gateway level.

If you DO need to have Outlook protection enabled on clients, to disable it on a few is easy.  I would personally remove the Email scanning piece of the client from Add/Remove Program > Symantec Endpoint Protection > Change or Modify and that should take care of you.  If you strictly want to do it via policy, create a new AV/AS policy and assign to a group that these client will be in.  Uncheck the Outlook protection as highlighted in the image below.