Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:13 AM

I am using Host Integriry policies in the test sepm and the version is 12.1 RU5. The NAC feature is missing in the SEP client side. Is this something is working as per the design.

• 2.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:19 AM

Have you apply SNAC policy ?

• 3.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:21 AM

I have applied Host Integrity Policy

• 4.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:31 AM

Have you purchased NAC license ?

See Chetan Articles

Host Integrity, Peer-to-peer enforcement, and Quarantine policies, formerly part of Symantec Network Access Control, are now available for all users, regardless of whether or not they had purchased a SNAC license. This change does not grant users access to the NAC portion of the product, which still requires a Network Enforcer and a SNAC license that has been purchased separately. It should also be noted that this change does not apply to the Small Business Edition version of the SEP product. There is no actual change in Host Integrity or SNAC functionality related to this enhancement

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/whats-new-sepm-121-ru5-user-interface-differences

• 5.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:34 AM

With 12.1.5, the HI policy is included. What's the client vesion?

• 6.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:35 AM

Is it like, if we use HI policies in previous versions before RU5, The NAC feature in SEP GUI would be listed but not in RU5 because of this integradtion. Is this correct.

• 7.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:38 AM

client version is 12.1 RU5

• 8.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:44 AM

Did you start the Symantec Network access control services. ?

• 9.  RE: NAC Feature is missing in the client

Posted Nov 12, 2014 09:57 AM

It was not running by default. I have restarted the SNAC service and restarted the machine but the result is same. Is it because of the HI policy integradtion with SEP