Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  connection timed out with ghost code 19945

Posted Mar 31, 2011 11:17 AM

Hi,

connection timed out with ghost code 19945.

I used  -fni -ffx -nousb.

I used the above and it took me further to imaging from 1 percent to 35% and then again connection timed out with ghost code 19945. appeared and on the top it says application error 503.

Would you have some solution for this.

here is what I am trying to do.

I have syspreped a sp3 xp computer. and pressed f12 and took an imagex image of it which worked perfect but, that is a .wim image. I wanted to make a gho image so I started the ghost console session with the option create and give it a name here is the command I am using so far.

ghost32.exe -clone,src=1,dst@MCdrdeploy -fro -OR -sure -rb -FNI -FFX -NOIDE -NOUSB

I am looking at the error now and will wait if you have a solution for this.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: connection timed out with ghost code 19945

Posted Mar 31, 2011 11:26 AM

You are in the wrong forum, I will move this over to the Ghost Solutions forum for you.

• 3.  RE: connection timed out with ghost code 19945
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 31, 2011 12:03 PM

-OR is a restore switch not an image create switch.  Pull that out it can't be helping things and the description of it states to avoid it's use.

The override switch allows the override of internal space and integrity checks and lets you put a very big image into a small partition. The operation fails if it is unable to write to the limited partition size. This switch lets you override spanning, which fails if there is limited space. Avoid using this switch.

I get the use of the no ide no usb and the ffx and fni if your system is not seeing your IDE drive or your USB drive correctly  unless you need these I would reove them.   They are for overcoming different limitations, but they also can cause issues if your system is requireing the use of one of the default behaviors.

Does your drive have bad sectors?  -fro is to over come this but if your drive is bad enough it could still bomb out. 

sure and rb shouldn't have any conflicts

Can you try with out all the extras unless you know this machine requires them and then post the ghosterror.txt file to be looked at?

cheers.

• 4.  RE: connection timed out with ghost code 19945

Posted Mar 31, 2011 05:47 PM

Many thanks for the feedback, infact the use of  -fni -ffx -nousb helped me when I run it the second time it did not stop in between and finished creating the ghost image.

However, those other switchs like -OR and -sSPAN did not stop me from creating the image. But the the suggestions are nice and accurate. Thanks again for the feed back. I will consider them for my next image.

cheers.

• 5.  RE: connection timed out with ghost code 19945

Posted Mar 31, 2011 07:28 PM

I have imaged other models and they are fine except the Optiplex GX520 which is restarting after I enter login id and password.

It can not make it to windows. I checked the event veiwer in the in safe mode It gives Ghost code 7005 error loading profile, I found this artical but, this did not resolved the issue. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314940/EN/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314940/EN/

any Idea?

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: connection timed out with ghost code 19945

Posted Apr 01, 2011 11:48 AM

f8 boot and select to disable automatic reboot on system crash.  (or some very simular option)   It is probably blue screening and then rebooting.   If it is a 0x07b errror then it is that the hard drive controller is different from the image and you will need to use deployanywhere to change the mass storrage controller drivers. 

boot and press f8 to choose the option of not rebooting on error and confirm that the error is or isn't a 7b error.   If it is then look at these forums for how to run deploy anywhere.  I know there are several other posts with step by step instruction on how to use this tool

Cheers.

• 7.  RE: connection timed out with ghost code 19945

Posted Apr 04, 2011 05:34 PM

Many thanks, did capture the screen and following numbers show.

0d1 (0xa99bf2ee, 0x02, 0x01,0x85d82030)

thanks.