Migration UserSep 10, 2010 02:37 AM

Migration User

Migration UserSep 10, 2010 04:26 AM

Migration User

Migration UserSep 13, 2010 03:52 AM

• 1.  SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 05:01 AM
    Hi all,

I have problem about virus definition updating of SEPM ( ru5 & ru6) via Liveupdate administrator.  The Liveupdate administrator v.2.2.2.9 could download & distribution processing virus definition up-to-date. Then I update virus from SEPM, the log show completed update with definition up-to-date when I saw at "Show Liveupdate Downloads" , the virus definition still out-of-date.

I do several solution
    1. I tried to reinstall Liveupdate  & delete folder LiveUpdate in "Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate" , then I use command to LuCatalog -cleanup & -update too.
    2. follow step int the Article "How to clear corrupt virus definition from SEPM"

Have any idea, Pls help me :c

• 2.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 05:13 AM

Sometimes, it is noted that if there are corrupt virus definitions downloaded by SEPM, it is required to clean them up and download the virus definitions again.

Following are the steps for the same:

File system cleanup for 32-bit SESC Virus Definitions:

1. Stop SEPM server service.

2. Go to C:\program files\symantec\symantec endpoint protection manager\Inetpub\content\{C60DC234-65F9-4674-94AE-62158EFCA433}" folder and move all of the subfolders to another place, such as C:\Temp if you want a backup, otherwise delete the sub-folders.

Database cleanup for 32-bit SESC Virus Definitions:

3) Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymcData\ and delete the following folders:
    sesmipsdef32
    sesmipsdef64
    sesmvirdef32
    sesmvirdef64

4)In the registry, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\InstalledApps.
    Delete these keys
    SymcData-sesmipsdef32
    SymcData-sesmipsdef64
    SymcData-sesmvirdef32
    SymcData-sesmvirdef64

5). In the registry, navigate to and delete the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\SharedDefs\SymcData-sesmipsdef32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\SharedDefs\SymcData-sesmipsdef64
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\SharedDefs\SymcData-sesmvirdef32
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\SharedDefs\SymcData-sesmvirdef64

6). Start the SEPM service back up.

7). Run Live update from within the Symantec Endpoint Protection Management console.

This will re-populate the database which in turn will update the moniker folders.

• 3.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 05:29 AM
    Not work. It still virus definition out-of-date.

Thank for your help ^^

• 4.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 08, 2010 05:44 AM
    Download the virus definition file and run , then see next scheduled or live update launched one is showing the correct def version..
    http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/definitions/download/detail.jsp?gid=savce

• 5.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 05:47 AM
    Can you give us a screen shot of "Show Liveupdate Downloads" 

• 6.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 07:46 AM
    Check the following articles

Title: Downloading and hosting the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) 2010 definitions patch via LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x (LUA 2.x) and LiveUpdate Administration Utility 1.x (LUAU 1.x)
    Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2010010901022848?OpenDocument&*=&ExpandSection=1#_Section1

Title: Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager 11.x is not updating 32 or 64 bit virus definitions.
    Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2008041516215948 

Title: Manually Applying the 2010 definitions patch to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEP)
    Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2010011512020748

Title: How to update definitions for Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager using a JDB file
    Web URL: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007100820002048

• 7.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 08:44 AM
    Could you  please  see, if  SEPM is able to get the  updates from Internet. Just change the liveupdate  settings for  source  server, under  Admin-Servers-local site  properties-liveupdate, to Default  Symantec Liveupdate  server.

Note" SEPM would need  access to Internet, for this  step

• 8.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:25 PM
    Maheshroja

I tried your suggestion but now today it still out-of-date.

And I have new problem the Liveupdate Administrator could not completed automatic download processing. Task it failed. ( So sometimes it will completed by manual )

Thank guy for helping

• 9.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:34 PM
    vishal_kalani

Your suggestion. I could not update virus from internet directly. But SEPM can access internet & serve URL for virus downloading of Symantec website (http://liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com, http://liveupdate.symantec.com)

**Remark The Liveupdate Administrator & SEPM it same machine

My customer solution  has 7 branches, each branch install SEPM for themselve & update virus definition via Liveupdate Administrator from HQ site (LiveUpdate Administrator & SEPM same machine)

Thank for helping.

• 10.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 08, 2010 10:45 PM

• 11.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 09, 2010 12:48 AM
    As per the screen shots your SEPM is up to date.....

• 12.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 02:15 AM
    Dear All,

But now Liveupdate Administrator could not update !!!!
    Download processing is failed
    Distribution processing is completed

• 13.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 02:21 AM
    Post the error screen shot with log

• 14.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 02:33 AM

• 15.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 02:37 AM
    Try by running manual download

• 16.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 02:47 AM

• 17.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 02:52 AM
    Remove the contents of the download folder and try to download once again...

• 18.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 04:26 AM
    AravindKM

It still failed again

• 19.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 04:33 AM
    Ten I think it is better to reinstall LUA.It will not take much time.....

• 20.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 10, 2010 06:02 AM
    That's right !!!

Now It's working by manual. I'll check for automatic update again.

Thanks for helping

• 21.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 13, 2010 03:39 AM

Completed !!!

About Solution in this thread, it has two problem

1. SEPM cannot update definition from Liveupate administrator --> Refer solution Maheshroja

2. Liveupdate Administrator cannot automatic update definition --> Refer solution AravindKM

Thanks guys for helping .....

• 22.  RE: SEPM virus definition out-of-date compare with Liveupdate Administrator

Posted Sep 13, 2010 03:52 AM

Thanks for the update.