Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SAVFL (SEP for Linux) deployment without Live Update Administrator server

Posted Aug 10, 2012 02:49 AM

Hi people,

Can anyone here who use SAVFL please let me know how to get automated update from Symantec regularly ?

What is the correct version that I should download and install which can be installed on Red Hat RHEL v 5.4 up to 5.6

I have usccessfully uninstall the LUA server v 2.3.1 since it is trouble some and it said was unsupported when installed in the SEPM server.

• 2.  RE: SAVFL (SEP for Linux) deployment without Live Update Administrator server

• 3.  RE: SAVFL (SEP for Linux) deployment without Live Update Administrator server

Posted Aug 10, 2012 03:33 AM

Thanks Ashish,

So does this means that SAVFL will always rely on LUA server in order to get secure definition if Internet access is not available ?

and it applies to all version ?

• 4.  RE: SAVFL (SEP for Linux) deployment without Live Update Administrator server
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 10, 2012 07:45 AM

Hi Dushan,

It is correct that you cannot have a SEPM and LUA on the same server.  If you have two separate Windows machines (one for SEPM, one for LUA) then you are fine to arrange for all the SAVFL clients to update via LUA. 

If not, you can have all the SAVFL clients update from the Internet or you canscript the downlaoding and execution of the Intelligent Updater for SAVFL.

Also, here is an article that may be of interest:

SAV for Linux Scanning Best Practices: A (Somewhat) Illustrated Guide

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/sav-linux-scanning-best-practices-somewhat-illustrated-guide

Hope this helps!

• 5.  RE: SAVFL (SEP for Linux) deployment without Live Update Administrator server

Posted Aug 14, 2012 09:11 AM

Many thanks for the assistance Mick, I now understand the reson behind.

• 6.  RE: SAVFL (SEP for Linux) deployment without Live Update Administrator server

Posted Aug 14, 2012 03:09 PM

Glad to help- let me know if there are any additional questions that need answers for this thread. &: )