Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

• 1.  Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 11, 2010 10:42 AM
    Hi

Im trying to change the make a client update from our own Distrubution Server.
    I created the "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\1.Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate" and it looks like the following.

HOSTS\0\ACCESS=192.168.213.213:8080/clu-prod
    HOSTS\0\ACCESS2=http://192.168.213.213:8080/clu-prod
    HOSTS\0\IS_SYMANTEC:ENC=/L2D0UI>_!Q
    HOSTS\0\LOGIN:ENC=
    HOSTS\0\NAME=Default Production Distribution Center
    HOSTS\0\PASSWORD:ENC=
    HOSTS\0\SUBNET=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\0\SUBNETMASK=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\0\TYPE=HTTP

HOSTS\1\ACCESS=liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com:80/
    HOSTS\1\ACCESS2=http://liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com:80/
    HOSTS\1\IS_SYMANTEC:ENC=N%9-U,&[>@M
    HOSTS\1\LOGIN:ENC=
    HOSTS\1\NAME=Symantec LiveUpdate
    HOSTS\1\PASSWORD:ENC=
    HOSTS\1\SUBNET=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\1\SUBNETMASK=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\1\TYPE=HTTP

HOSTS\2\ACCESS=liveupdate.symantec.com:80/
    HOSTS\2\ACCESS2=http://liveupdate.symantec.com:80/
    HOSTS\2\IS_SYMANTEC:ENC=N%9-U,&[>@M
    HOSTS\2\LOGIN:ENC=
    HOSTS\2\NAME=Symantec LiveUpdate - HTTP Failover Server
    HOSTS\2\PASSWORD:ENC=
    HOSTS\2\SUBNET=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\2\SUBNETMASK=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\2\TYPE=HTTP

HOSTS\3\ACCESS=update.symantec.com:21/opt/content/onramp
    HOSTS\3\ACCESS2=ftp://update.symantec.com:21/opt/content/onramp
    HOSTS\3\IS_SYMANTEC:ENC=N%9-U,&[>@M
    HOSTS\3\LOGIN:ENC=V!0QDU7."^$C(%+!24M?+A
    HOSTS\3\NAME=Symantec LiveUpdate - FTP Failover Server
    HOSTS\3\PASSWORD:ENC=L"`';1^I=[DC(%+!24M?+A
    HOSTS\3\SUBNET=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\3\SUBNETMASK=0.0.0.0
    HOSTS\3\TYPE=FTP

HOSTS\NUM_HOSTS=4

When i run LiveUpdate it just dosent wanna update from the local site, but goes directly to the liveupdate.symantecliveupdate.com.
    How do I make LiveUpdate understand I wanna update from my local Distribution Center?

Im running SEP Client Version 11.0.5002.333 and LiveUpdate 3.3

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 11, 2010 11:11 AM

Please post a LiveUpdate log from a failing client.

(C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate or C:\Program Data\Symantec\LiveUpdate\Log.LiveUpdate )

sandra

• 3.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 11, 2010 05:06 PM
    Make sure your server settings are correct in your LiveUpdate policy.

• 4.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 04:08 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Sandra

I attached a log.liveupdate file now, for your plesure.

@ Cycletech

I would guess this LiveUpdate Settings Policy is something you find on a management server?
    This client is unmanaged, but I still want the client to fetch updates from our management server, since it has no access to internet.

Hope you can help.

Attachment(s)

doc
    Log.LiveUpdate.doc   583 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 04:32 AM
    If you want the clients to get the updates from management server you have to make this client as managed.For unmanaged clients SEPM will not provide updates.or
    If you are having a liveupdate server in your network it is possible to get the updates for unmanaged client also.

• 6.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 04:40 AM
    For more information regarding how to update from Internal live update server refer the last part of this KB
    Installing and configuring LiveUpdate Administrator 2.x

• 7.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 06:24 AM

Issue here is.

I allready created a new "Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate" content is in my first post.

This I place in the C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate folder.
    But when I run LiveUpdate, it just dosent wanna use my local "Default Production Distribution Center"

How will I make it understand...

• 8.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file
    Best Answer

Posted May 12, 2010 07:02 AM
    "Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate"  you created for your distribution center only.Create a new file put in in the said folder restart the PC.Go to Start-->Run and type luall then click ok and see what happens...

• 9.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 07:19 AM
    have you exported this settings.host.liveupdate from Liveupdate administrator ? if no then export this file from LUA rename it to settings.hosts.liveupdate and replace it will the current one.

• 10.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 09:00 AM

This is very strange.

Now I created a new Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate from the LUA server, and moved it to the C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate folder on the client.
    And now it works....

Thanks for your help.

• 11.  RE: Clients wont use local Distribution Center in the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file

Posted May 12, 2010 09:13 AM
    Happy to hear your problem got solved.