Migration User

Migration UserNov 02, 2012 08:27 AM

Migration User

Migration UserNov 05, 2012 08:47 PM

• 1.  SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 01:48 AM

Hi All,

some error that i notice from scm0 log:

ReplicationTask>> replicate: Communication Exception Error Code = -805240832 ErrorMsg Code = 130

com.sygate.scm.common.communicate.CommunicationException: No response from the remote server ErrorCode: 0xd0010000

strangely no big data in replication/inbox or outbox... only around 50mb.....

• 2.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 02:01 AM

Hi

Can you check the scm-server-0.log file located at  Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\logs

and check for https 415 error. In case its there paste the relevant portion and we will troubleshoot further.

Check for any recent changes in Firewall or Proxy

"Unable to connect to the server specified" error during the replication of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH106224&locale=en_US

• 3.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 02:21 AM

No https 415 error found...

on fw side... i'm not sure...i doubt its fw issue as i'm able to telnet 8443 both side

• 4.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2012 02:35 AM

what is the SEPM version?

does teh data.zip gets transferred to other server? i believe it is timing out

• 5.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 02:51 AM

SEPM is ru6 mp2...

from the main SEPM it show replication as successful but remote SEPM shows as "failed to connect"

to verify check the replication/inbox content right?.

.. the main SEPM no issue... .zip file size about 10mb...

Based on above error i found a KB saying it might due to fw session timeout...but i don't think its logic for this case as the data not big....

• 6.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2012 03:22 AM

to verify check the replication/inbox content right?.

yes , on the other SEPM.

even though it might be 10 MB , it could be bandwidth at that moment of time that would have caused timeout.

if you feel the bandwidth is good, can you attempt for manual replication again and wait for results.

• 7.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 05:10 AM

Already tried manual replication but still fail....more horror below

I've somehow removed the replication partner and want to add back but it just stuck and fails....below the error

40 WARNING: Login: (rep login) ReplicationProcessAuthenticator>> authenticate: partner count=1
    2012-10-31 16:47:49.440 WARNING: Login: (rep login) ReplicationProcessAuthenticator>> authenticate: checking #0 partner site=Site MY-MDP-VA-01, enable=false
    2012-10-31 16:47:49.440 WARNING: Login: (rep login) ReplicationProcessAuthenticator>> authenticate: Failed to Login!! Login failaure!! remote ip=xx.xx.xx.xx

• 8.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 05:33 PM

Hi,

Are you sure you put the correct credentials when you re-create the replication partnership ? On the recent logs you provided it seems to be incorrect.

Did the replication already work on both ways before ?

How big is your SEPM database on the both SEPM server ?

What data do you replicate ? Nothing checked (so by default group + policies) ? Do you replicate something else as well like logs and Live Update contents + Install packages ?

Could you check the replication logs and see when the replication start and when the replication stops and fails.

By curiosity, could you check on the replication logs and scm.server-0:log if you could find an error message like "Unable to lock process".

Maybe your "initial" replication issue was caused of Live Update was running on one of the SEPMs when the replication was tryng to be done.

Live Update, Auto-Upgrade and Replication use the same process. If Live Update suddenly starts to run when a replication is already running, Live Update will take the priority so your replication will fail.

Try to schedule Live Update on the both SEPMs to a fix period of hours (like from 11.00 AM to 11.00PM) then schedule the replications from 03.00 AM.

Note that once the schedules are changed, you need to run it once manually in order the schedule changes works.

Kind Regards,

A. Wesker

• 9.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Oct 31, 2012 11:58 PM

HI

Please check the connectivity between the another server.

Regards

• 10.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2012 12:56 AM

is it a fresh replication set up?

• 11.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 01, 2012 09:52 PM

@A.Wesker -

-Yes, the credential is correct... we even changed the password to non-specialized character...

- We only replicate logs... no packages or content were replicated

- all the while it was working fine... i'm breaking the replication partner and wanted to readd it as a common troubleshooting step....but alas....

- this step was done during normal working time... our LU only running at midnight

@SameerU

- as stated in previous post... telnet test seems fine... no issue with port 8443

@pete

- no, the breaking and readd is just a simple troubleshooting step...previously was ok

• 12.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2012 10:17 PM

suggest to open a support ticket.

while adding replicaton partner did it throw any error?

• 13.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 01, 2012 10:21 PM

guys just 1 thing to double confirm...

is the replication "administrator id and password" asked in wizard is the same id and password with remote SEPM console that we want to replicate?

• 14.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 01, 2012 10:27 PM

ok thx... then means no issue with credential... but error i mentioned in ealier post... it shows as invalid

40 WARNING: Login: (rep login) ReplicationProcessAuthenticator>> authenticate: partner count=1
    2012-10-31 16:47:49.440 WARNING: Login: (rep login) ReplicationProcessAuthenticator>> authenticate: checking #0 partner site=Site MY-MDP-VA-01, enable=false
    2012-10-31 16:47:49.440 WARNING: Login: (rep login) ReplicationProcessAuthenticator>> authenticate: Failed to Login!! Login failaure!! remote ip=xx.xx.xx.xx

i'm a bit lost here... do u guys think it's possible due to timeout?

• 15.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2012 10:28 PM

yes.

Administrator Name The account name that is used to log on to the console with administrator user rights
    Password Provide a password that is associated with the Administrator Name that is specified

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104986

• 16.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2012 10:31 PM

the earlier log, i feel it could be timeout. as a test can you just copy the data,zip manually on another SEPM and check the time taken.

I still suggest open a support ticket.

• 17.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 01, 2012 10:48 PM

sry forgot to mention case already opened.... they mentioned possible issue with fw timeout... still investigating though.....

what baffle me is our .zip in replication folder is not that big only below 50mb...

below is error n kb matched:

2012-10-30 18:22:55.924 WARNING: ReplicationTask-Site_MY-MDP-VA-01-2: ReplicationTask>> replicate: Communication Exception Error Code = -805240832 ErrorMsg Code = 130

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&pmv=print&impressions=&viewlocale=&id=TECH138108

• 18.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 02, 2012 08:27 AM

Hi

Please check the communication

Regards

• 19.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 05, 2012 04:12 AM

Already telnet port... odbc connection also ok.

Unless i missed out something here?

• 20.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 05, 2012 01:28 PM

Hi ,

Cancelled replication on both the site if running.

Restart SEPM service on both the site

then manually start replication without any logs.

• 21.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect

Posted Nov 05, 2012 08:47 PM

Hi Riya,

Done both, same no different...

• 22.  RE: SEPM replication status: failed to connect
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 11, 2012 08:42 PM

Dear All,

Seems fixed now.

Below are steps that works for my issue:

1) Break replication from both partner SEPM to primary SEPM.

2) Tried to re-add back replication partner.... failed...

3) Tried to ran management server configuration wizard... saw some error in 'data' folder regarding ACL..

4) Ran sepm repair as adviced by adv team...

5) rerun back management server config wizard... success

6) re-add back replication partner... success

7) run empty replication for testing (without any option ticked)... sucesss

8) scheduled logs replication from sepm partners to primary.... sucesss (as per previous setting)

regards