Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only
  • 1.  Change SQL User

Posted Apr 10, 2012 04:36 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to change the SQL User from the one used for the setup (sa) to a dedicated one.

The new one has dbo rights on the Symantec_CMDB.

I change the SQL parameter from the interface and I tried to change it even from the aexconfig.exe but Altiris still uses the old user (sa).

I've checked the registry and the coresettings.conf file but everything is correct, using the new user.

Do you have any idea? I'm using SMP 7.1 SP1.

Many thanks

SR

• 2.  RE: Change SQL User

Posted Apr 10, 2012 11:44 AM

Hi Simone,

Did you change the SQL Login at Database Settings (Settings -> Notification Server -> Database Settings)?

Do you have any error message when save changes?

Regards,

• 3.  RE: Change SQL User

Posted Apr 10, 2012 12:35 PM

Yes,

I've changed from there, and I tried also from the aexconfig util without any error reported.

Thx

Simone

• 4.  RE: Change SQL User

Posted Apr 10, 2012 01:35 PM

Hi Simone,

How do you confirmed that the old SQL credentials still in use?

• 5.  RE: Change SQL User

Posted Apr 11, 2012 09:23 AM

Because I change the old user password and I receive an error in the Altiris log viewer saying that it cannot connect with the old user and the console is not working.

• 6.  RE: Change SQL User

Posted Apr 11, 2012 09:46 AM

Hi Simone,

Could you please post here this log error message?

Also you could check this configuration: Settings\All Settings\Notification Server\Database Settings\Reports tab that specify the credentials you would like to use for producing public reports.

I think you have the same issue: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/cant-work-new-user-sql-sereverhomodify-user-connects-database

Regards

• 7.  RE: Change SQL User

Posted Apr 16, 2012 06:37 PM

Simone, is this the process you followed when updating the application identity?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO10009