Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Scanning times for Anti-virus, Centralized of course, what if a client misses it?

Posted Sep 17, 2009 05:08 PM
    At this point we have our installation forcing full scan's on Wednesday at noon.  What happens if someone is off network at that time, or their machine is off?  Is there a queue to force the scan the next time they boot up?

The biggest reason I'm asking is I'm under a lot of  "enthusiastic persuasion" to move the time to an evening.  We're mostly a laptop environment so I need to know what happens if the user has their laptop off during their client's scheduled scan.  It will likely affect my decision.

• 2.  RE: Scanning times for Anti-virus, Centralized of course, what if a client misses it?

Posted Sep 17, 2009 06:43 PM
    Next time the machine boots up the scan will run as a missed event. 

If a computer is turned off during a scheduled scan, the scan does not run unless the computer is configured to run missed scan events.

• 3.  RE: Scanning times for Anti-virus, Centralized of course, what if a client misses it?
    Best Answer

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Sep 17, 2009 07:21 PM
    Hi,

If a Scan is missed then it would simply retry after sometime... as we see in the Picture...

scan.JPG