Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Liveupdate behind firewall

Posted Aug 30, 2007 10:06 AM
    Hello,

I have a problem with setting liveupdate trough a firewall.

I have Symantec AntiVirus Server Corporate 10.1.5.5010 placed in a DMZ behind a firewall. I need to configure Liveupdate to update virus definitions from Liveupdate from Internet. To configure Liveupdate I need to provide IP address of liveupdate server (not name - liveupdate.symantec.com) to create rules on the firewall.
    What is this address (or addresses)? What TCP ports should be opened?

Where can I find any documentation how to configure Liveupdate in such environment?

Thanks in advance :)

Mirek

• 2.  RE: Liveupdate behind firewall

Posted Sep 07, 2007 02:40 PM
    Hi Mirek,

Symantec does not provide a list of IP addresses for the LiveUpdate servers as the security is built in to the product. In addition, like many other software firms, we use a content provider and we cannot guarantee consistant IP addresses. Many customers have either setup an Internal LiveUpdate server using the LiveUpdate Administration Utility (LUAU) in a location that can download from Symantec LiveUpdate, setup parent servers across the boundary (creating tunnels for communication), or have created a white list entry for the Symantec LiveUpdate servers on their perimeter devices.

For more information on LUAU and to download LUAU, please visit this page.