Workflow Soluiton

View Only
  • 1.  Dialog workflow component..

Posted Mar 12, 2010 02:51 PM
    I'm working on a form start workflow project where I want a main menu. So i've dropped in a dialog workflow component, and setup the appropriate menu system on a form builder within it. The dialog workflow component is linked to another dialog workflow component to "add new user" for example.

The flow goes like this:

Dialog Workflow (Main Menu)
        User chooses "Add New Employee"

Process jumps to the "Add New Employee" Dialog workflow component

I can't get my webform for the add new employee to show up, it follows the correct path of the menu etc. I know that typically the control of process changes hands between dialog workflows and you have to use the Event Config tab to setup an email or something to notify the next process participant that they have a task but that is not the case here. The person selecting "Add new user" and the person adding a new user would be the same. 

• 2.  RE: Dialog workflow component..

Posted Mar 12, 2010 03:23 PM
    Each Dialog workfow is a different user session.  You should just put both form builders in the same dialog workfow session if it is the same  person.

• 3.  RE: Dialog workflow component..

Posted Mar 31, 2010 06:41 PM

Hi im new to Altiris and find my self hitting my head against the wall. I have read a lot of information on how to setup a workflow. I have my workflow correct there are no errors. But when i run my workflow it goes from start to dialog workflow and inside the dialog there is a form builder with a submit button. But when i run the project I get an out put of xml as the big blue arrow stops on the first dialog workflow.

here is the xml output i see
    "
    Execute Time(ms): 1281
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?>
    <string>223cd230-d495-4796-825f-91cb7c751102</string>
    "

Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Dialog workflow component..

Posted Apr 01, 2010 07:41 AM

At this point in the process, when the debugger "hangs", a task has been created and is ready to be worked (until the task times out, at least). In the debugger window, if you click a few tabs over (Workflow Statistics tab, I believe), there should be a link to Process Manager where you can work the task (optionally, you could go the long way through the portal). When you open the task, and click the link to work the task, your model form will popup. Once the task is completed (you reach the end of the model), the debugger should kick back in and continue.

• 5.  RE: Dialog workflow component..

Posted Apr 01, 2010 08:38 AM
    Bloosky,

You will want to do two things here to get the Workflow to open up the first form in your Dialog:

1) Click the top-level of the Project tree and go to the Publishing tab. In the section title "Workflow Type", make sure it is set to "Form Start"
    2) When you run the debugger, double-click the "composer.aspx"

The first form in you initial dialog Workflow component should launch if you do that and there are no errors in the first part of your project.

• 6.  RE: Dialog workflow component..

Posted Apr 01, 2010 02:39 PM
    Thank you for that help i ended up finding it a video that was call the Ho to bascis.

Since you seem like you know alot about this program is there a way i can IM you or maybe get a email so i can ask a few more questions?

Thanks

• 7.  RE: Dialog workflow component..

Posted Apr 02, 2010 02:07 PM
    Hello, I have a fun question.

I have my workFlow the fails on the set process component (any help with adding a task to the process manager would be most appreciated) and to catch the error I have an exception placed on the component that then goes to a dialog box to tell the user a error has accrued before the workflow ends. After the trigger it goes to the dialog box and stops. Inside the dialog box I have a form builder with the some information stating the error.

Is this bad design on my part?
    How can I tell the user or the administrator that the wrokflow process failed without sending an email?
    How can I move from one dialog box to another dialog box.

Thanks.