Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 05, 2009 07:46 PM
    I need to disable scan upon startup in a non managed 64 bit client, I have't found anything in ythe application, it slows the equipemnt very much and the user does not want his equipment to be managed.

Any idea?

Regards

• 2.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 05, 2009 07:52 PM

1. Log into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and click on the Clients tab.
    2. In the right-hand pane, click on the Policies tab.
    3. Under Location-specific Policies and Settings, double-click Antivirus & Antisypware Policy and click Edit Shared.
    4. On the Antivirus and Antispyware Policy page, click Administrator-defined Scans. Select the Advanced tab.
    5. Under Startup and Triggered Scans, check or uncheck the following options:

Run startup scans when users log on
    Allow users to modify startup scans
    Run a Quick Scan when new definitions arrive

6. Click OK.

You can just click on allow users to modify startup scans, then that client can select its own option.

• 3.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 06, 2009 01:49 AM
    Hi,

Change the client from unmanage to manage client then disable the startup scan on the SEPM Policy for the desired client.
    Follow the procedure above provided by Grant.

Thanks,
    Jun

• 4.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 06, 2009 02:09 AM

Hi,
    If you wanna stop for all the clients then follow the first procedure as shown
    or else

go to services.msc

then stop symantec network service.

• 5.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?
    Best Answer

Posted May 06, 2009 02:54 AM
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\AV\AdministratorOnly\General, Chnage the enablestartupscan to 0

• 6.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 06, 2009 11:04 AM
    Thank you Sandeep. I have a system that needed start up scan to be turned off and this helped me to do so.

• 7.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 06, 2009 11:18 AM
    hi jhun, Mr. hec needs to Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client, so we should not advice him to first convert to Managed client.

• 8.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 15, 2009 02:16 PM
    Thanks Grant, I have done all that, but the question is still the same, where in the endpoint client is this option?

• 9.  RE: Know how to disable scan upon startup in a non managed client?

Posted May 15, 2009 02:31 PM
    Thanks It works fine in a 32 bit client, but could't find the key in a 64 bit vista client

cheers