Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  skip.pci.manifest.txt problems with Dell 755

Posted Jul 16, 2009 01:49 PM
    I"m having issues with a Dell 755 pulling an image. I have had this before on the old server and just added a line to the skip.pci.manifest.txt file, but it is not working.

The error is:
    Details fro: To Virtual Partition
    Drivers could not be found in the PreOS for the following devices:

Manufacturer: "@oem8.inf,%intel%;intel%;Intel", Decription: "@oem8.inf,%pci\\ven_8086&dev_2922.devicedesc%;Intel(R) ICH9 6 Port SATA AHCI Controller - 2922", PCI Vendor: 0x086, PCI Device; 0x2922, PCI Subsystem: 0x2111028

My skip.pci.manifest.txt looks like this:
    (
    # VendorID = { PciDeviceID = (Subsystem ID1, Subsystem ID2) }
    { 0x104c = { 0x803b = () } }
    )
    (
    # VendorID = { PciDeviceID = (Subsystem ID1, Subsystem ID2) }
    { 0x8086 = { 0x2922 = (2111028) } }
    )

I have also tried the subsystem 0x2111028, no dice

Once I edit the skip.txt file, I start the Ghost boot wizard and choose to edit WinPE, add a driver and hit Ok.
    It compiles and then I hit ok, and then cancel the whole thing.

When using the console on an existing PC that worked fine, I get the above error.

the only difference that I can tell is that the old Ghost server was running W2k3, and this one is W2k8 SP2 x64.

The file path I am placing skip.pci.manifest.txt is: C:\program files (x86)\Symantec\Ghost\patch\boot wizard-11.5.0.2125\content\template\common

• 2.  RE: skip.pci.manifest.txt problems with Dell 755

Posted Jul 16, 2009 01:55 PM
    try switching the settings for your sata controller to ATA or "disable ahci" in the bios

• 3.  RE: skip.pci.manifest.txt problems with Dell 755

Posted Jul 16, 2009 02:45 PM
    It is off. I'm using RAID/ATA as per the bios.

The other option is RAID/AHCI, or Legacy.

I really shouldn't have to change anything since the PC I am pulling an image from worked fine before. It is a Ghost server config problem.

• 4.  RE: skip.pci.manifest.txt problems with Dell 755

Posted Jul 16, 2009 04:13 PM
    I fixed it by adding the device to the pci.manifest.txt file.

I'm confused because the skip.pci.manifest.txt file should work. If I add drivers, the pci.manifest.txt will remove what I just added.

So why is skip.pci.manifest,txt not writing to the pci.manifest.txt like it should?

Here is a reference from a Symantec tech
    www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-resolve-quotdrivers-could-not-be-found-preos-following-devicesquot