Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  SEP Symantec Central Quarantine

Posted Sep 12, 2011 04:18 AM

Hi all,

I just installed Symantec Central Quarantine..When i tried to select "Display Virus list", i received an error message.

I manually include the gateways ip into host file -> 206.204.52.100    gw01def01.gw01.dis.symantec.com

Can someone help me? Thank you.

• 2.  RE: SEP Symantec Central Quarantine

Posted Sep 12, 2011 05:55 AM

Hi ahtshun,

Is there a specific reasone why you have installed Central Quarantine?  If you need it for backward compatability with old SAV 8 or 9 clients that are still on the network, that is one thing.  If all clients are running a modern product like SEP 11 or 12.1, you probably would gain very, very little benefit from CQ.

• 3.  RE: SEP Symantec Central Quarantine
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 12, 2011 05:59 AM

Note:
    The Quarantine server is an optional component for your Symantec network infrastructure.  In most cases, features built into SEP and the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) are able to capably handle quaratined files.  
    Quarantine server is unable to update definitions on SEP clients.
     When used with SEP clients, the Quarantine server functions more as a static repository of detected threats.  That is all it can do.
    It is not recommended that you use the Quarantine server if you have more than 5000 clients in your environment.

Setting up Symantec Endpoint Protection clients to forward infected files to a Central Quarantine Server.
    Article: TECH104755 | Created: 2008-01-18 | Updated: 2011-08-19 |
    Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH104755 

Also see:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sepm-roadmap-quarantine-console-or-server

• 4.  RE: SEP Symantec Central Quarantine

Posted Sep 12, 2011 09:33 PM

Hi Mick,

Well i thought of if any of my SEP clients got quarantine files,it can be stored on my server so that i can delete them myself.

However i just found out that there is purge option under SEPM to define how many days to delete those files.I think this option fulfill my need.

Anyway,thank you for your assistance.

:)

• 5.  RE: SEP Symantec Central Quarantine

Posted Sep 13, 2011 02:12 AM

Please do continue to use the forum for any additional SEP questions, queries and issues!

And do remember to contact Technical Support for any major or time-sensitive issues for which you need professional assistance.

All the best,

Mick