Deployment Solution

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CMs 7.1 stuck at restarting dhcp client service when trying to do an initial deployment

• 1.  CMs 7.1 stuck at restarting dhcp client service when trying to do an initial deployment

Posted Feb 15, 2011 10:24 PM

Hi All,

I am new to CMS 7.1 ( and havent used anything before this) I have managed to set up a job to take an image of a Windows 7 machine then deploy that image back to the same client and that works ok, but I am trying to deploy the image to the same model of pc ,it is brand new , so I am trying to do an initial deployment.

It boots into windows pe then i get the error Restarting DHCP client service, so from my readings on this forum I need to get the correct drivers in to the build somehow using bootwiz is this correct , How do i do this? and do i have to use Vista drivers or can i use windows 7 drivers, it is 64 bit by the way.The machine is Dell Optiplex 780, If anyone can give me a run down on the steps i need to do that would be great or point me to some kb's.

Thanks, Nick

• 2.  RE: CMs 7.1 stuck at restarting dhcp client service when trying to do an initial deployment

Posted Feb 16, 2011 05:19 PM

I had the same issue with 6.9.  When you are using the initial deploy with Win PE for an automation boot you have to update the drivers with a Vista driver for that NIC.  A standard network boot will work with UNDI but an Automation boot will need the Vista drivers to function.  And dont forget to rebuild the boot option in the PXE Configuration with the new network driver or it will still fail.