Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?

Posted Mar 14, 2012 10:57 AM
      |   view attached

Hello, I am trying to understand some of the category terms used in the SEP 12.1. RU1 Comprehensive Risk Report, in the Distribution of Actions Taken against Risks section.

Here is a snippet from one report - the categories listed there say:

Group: My Company\Default Group

Repaired: 0   0.0%

Pending Repair: 0   0.0%

Suspicious: 0   0.0%

Failed To Repair:  43  100.0%

Still Infected File Count:  0

Total:  43  100.0%

Does anyone know what "Failed to Repair" actually means?  And how that is different than "Still Infected File Count?"  I searched for the phrase in the SEP 12.1 docs and SEPM help but came up blank.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 14, 2012 10:02 PM

Does anyone know what "Failed to Repair" actually means?

If SEP has no definition to repair the infection; If SEP had to delete the infection instead of repairing (trojans are deleted, viruses are repaired usually)

And how that is different than "Still Infected File Count?"

These are the ones where SEP identifies the infection but unable to clean. Reasons : No updated signature for the particular infection; SEP does not have access to clean the file (safe mode scan may help in this case).

Hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?

Posted Mar 15, 2012 03:33 AM

If system, dont having the admin rights or latest definition.

• 4.  RE: What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?

Posted Mar 15, 2012 10:27 PM

Did that help?

• 5.  RE: What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 09:00 AM

NRaj, that makes sense - thanks for your explanation!  Deletion works for me, so "Failed To Repair" can be considered an "all is well" indicator.

I wish an explanation of these terms could make it into the SEP 12 documentaion....  Thanks again NRaj!

Rich

• 6.  RE: What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?

Posted Mar 16, 2012 09:16 AM

Agreed. You can suggest this in Idea.

• 7.  RE: What does "Failed to Repair" mean in SEP 12.1 RU1 "Comprehensive Risk Report"?

Posted Mar 19, 2012 06:53 AM

If any of the above comment is helpful then please mark that as a solution which will help others who  faces the same kind of issue. Thanks.