Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Posted Mar 10, 2016 07:58 AM

Hi All

I would like to migrate the following from and old NS to new NS (both SMP 7.6 HF7):

• Computers with GUID (for filters reason)
    • User crated Filters
    • Software Packages (with replicator) + copy Software library
    • Asset: Software Licenses and Purchase orders

How to do and i witch order?

Kind Regds

Steen

• 2.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 10, 2016 03:45 PM

Hi Steen Bogo,

If we are talking about migration of some data between two servers where same version of SMP is running, then:

1. For Computers with GUID, you mean to save same GUID of client PC after migration from 1st SMP 7.6 HF7 to 2nd SMP 7.6 HF7?

You're going to migrate other Client PC data classes? Such as "Basic Inventory", "Computer Events", etc?

This can be done, using "Resources" stand-alone replication rule.

stand-alone.jpg

2. You can move all filters in single "Folder" and manually export this folder in .xml file from 1st SMP 7.6 HF7 and then manually import this .xml file into 2nd SMP 7.6 HF7.

You can use "Items" stand-alone replication rule for this purpose as well instead of manual export/import.

3. Yes, use Software replicator.

4. You can manually export each "Software purchase" and "Purchase Orders" one-by-one from 1st SMP 7.6 HF7

Export_1.jpg

and then manually import them one-by-one into 2nd SMP 7.6 HF7 via mouse right click menu on "Software Licensing" folder

Import_1.jpg

--// Suspect that "Software purchase" and "Purchase Orders" have some associations with Locations, Users. If they will not present in "Symantec_CMDB" database, then after import you can lose these associations with missed resources for Software purchase and Purchase order..

*************************************************************************************

I see that this order should be considered to perform migration:

1. Software packages are migrated
    2. Computers are migrated
    3. Filters are migrated
    4. Software Licenses and Purchase orders migration.....

Note! If "Software Licenses" and "Purchase Orders" have associations with locations, users, etc, then locations, users and other associated resources should be migrated before you will start import of "Software Licenses" and "Purchase Orders".

--// Keep backup of "Symantec_CMDB" database on new SMP 7.6 HF7 server.

Regards,

IP.

• 3.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Posted Mar 14, 2016 03:13 AM

Hi Igor

We are talking about 1200 licenses and 1500 purchases. Manullay exporting them will take a long time!

Is there a way to export/import them all at the same time? Can I use a connector or importexport?

Kind Regds

Steen

• 4.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2016 07:19 AM

Seems like you can use a Data Connector for "Software Licenses" and "Purchase Orders" export/importAsset_DataConnector.jpg

• 5.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Posted Mar 14, 2016 08:21 AM

Hi Igor

Thanks for reply.

I have export/imported all Licenses, Purcharse and Software Products. But the relation between them I can't get exported. In the Software License there is a relation to Software Product and to Software Purchase, but the data fields is empty in the export file. I have tried both XML and CSV file. Do you have any idea how to get them in there?

Kind Regds

Steen

• 6.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2016 08:35 AM

You mean that even with specified associations in Import/Export rule and it doesn't get this data?

ResourceAssociation.jpg

• 7.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new

Posted Mar 18, 2016 05:29 AM

Hi Igor

Yes. The colums are empty when you export it.

/Steen 

• 8.  RE: Partial migrate data from old NS to new
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2016 05:51 AM

Hi Igor

I have solved the issue. I have created a script to export all items guids from a file. I created a file with all the GUID's on Software Products and then run the follwing script. With 2 parameters f.eks. Exportfromfile.bat <filename> <Export Folder>

for /F %%A in (%1) do "D:\Program Files\Altiris\Notification Server\Bin\Tools\ImportExportUtil.exe" /export /q {%%A} %2

/Steen