Data Loss Prevention

View Only

Hello, SaaS! Introducing a New DLP Cloud Service for Symantec Email Security.cloud 

Feb 01, 2017 12:50 PM

From phishing schemes and malware attacks to accidental and malicious data leaks, email threats are rampant, making email one of the most vulnerable channels for data loss. That’s why the need for effective email security has never been greater.

Complete Email Security for Office 365 and Gmail

Today, we’re excited to announce a new cloud data loss prevention (DLP) service for Symantec Email Security.cloud customers. Our DLP Cloud Service for Email leverages and enhances your existing investment in Email Security.cloud. It adds a powerful layer of data protection that strengthens your outbound email security for Microsoft Office 365 Exchange Online and Gmail.

With Email Security.cloud you’re already benefitting from our industry-leading protection against malware, spam and unwanted bulk email. This includes deep-link following technology that spots malicious embedded links and keeps them from ever reaching user mailboxes, and policy-based email encryption that can be automatically enforced without user intervention or disruption.

Now, you get the most complete cloud email security solution that goes beyond the basic compliance-driven security of Office 365 and Gmail.

Fast, Cloud-Based Implementation

If you’ve been on the fence about investing in DLP because of the potential complexity and cost, then it’s time to reconsider. We’ve made it easy to deploy and manage by building it in the cloud – 100% SaaS – and seamlessly integrating it with Office 365 and Gmail. Say goodbye to on-site software and hardware!

With the DLP Cloud Service for Email, you get powerful, cloud-based content detection that rigorously examines all of your outbound email traffic for sensitive data. The service analyzes message content  – header, body, and metadata - and context in real-time before any data leaves Office 365 Exchange Online or Gmail. Multiple tiers of detection can identify sensitive content containing personally identifiable information, customer records, patient health information, intellectual property, and more. Our detection service leverages Symantec’s enterprise-grade DLP technology for highly accurate detection with minimal false positives. As a result, you’ll enjoy maximum productivity and protection for you and your users.

The DLP Cloud Console makes it easy to manage content detection policies, investigate and remediate policy violations, and monitor what’s going on with a sleek design and a user-friendly interface. It’s fully cloud-based, so you don’t have to worry about installing and maintaining any software or servers!

Dashboard.png

Move Beyond Checkbox Security

The email security battle will rage on in 2017. The consequences of a data breach can be catastrophic: economic losses, reputational damage, and broken careers often follow in the wake of security strategies that just check off the boxes. Security built into Office 365 and Gmail may meet compliance requirements but it won’t stop the most damaging assaults – you need serious protection from Symantec. With the most complete DLP solution and the industry’s best team watching your back, we are committed to defending you every hour of every day.

Availability

Symantec DLP Cloud Service for Email with the DLP Cloud Console is available today. Symantec Email Security.cloud customers can purchase it as a standalone service or bundled with the Symantec Email Safeguard service plan.

Learn more about what’s new at: DLP Cloud Service for Email | DLP

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 28, 2017 08:55 AM

It is a good idea. by the way, adding a phone number is not intended to increase security of your account. Adding a phone number is a convenience for when you are locked out due to whatever circumstances - many people don't know it.

Mar 08, 2017 03:25 PM

If I could share a truly wonderful experience of mine with 'Cloud DLP for Email', when I was partnering with one of the customers, in reviewing this solution.

Much before receiving a quote from Symantec, we performed an in-house cost analysis to know how much as a company the customer is spending on existing Email Prevent servers which includes hardware cost, hardware warranty/support contract, power, datacenter real estate, data center in-house staff, patching and vulnerability management cost, Operating System cost & support contract, local AV solution (SEP for example), drive/link encryption, backups and on and on.

Once the operation cost for existing in-house email prevent was known, the customer asked for a Symantec quote. They were expecting it be, somewhere around their total operational cost. However everyone in the room was absolutely stunned to know about an actual projected gross saving of at least 27%/year after migrating, to the DLP Email Prevent functionality to cloud.

What more could we ask here? Things can never get easier than this. Great job!!! Such proactive additivity is what makes Symantec a true leader in this space. Be ready to see Symantec as a leader even in the 2018 Gartner MQ for DLP and further.

Mar 03, 2017 07:54 PM

Good to add extra layers of security to a product/platform. I've always been a bit dubious as to where my data is stored, especially the sensitive stuff! Another good and informative article by Symantec, thanks.

Mar 03, 2017 01:07 PM

This is a great addon to exisiting DLP and secure mail customers. I am hoping to move in this direction to fill an gaps that could exist. More security around Office365 is always a great thing for any company. I seen demos regarding DLP with Office365 and it was awesome.

Feb 28, 2017 10:18 AM

Interesing product, what I like is that it not only looks up malicios links but also information, customer records, patient health information and intellectual property. I am not quite clear how it works though. It is clear that it is a cloud solution but maybe it will be useful to add more info how does it operate in an enterprise environment. Specifically, how does the integration happen between your email client and the email security.cloud, unless this is only for personal use.

Feb 27, 2017 03:09 AM

Great News for the existing Symantc DLP and Email Security.cloud customers....Symantec is making it easier for the customers with regards to data theft and security....

Feb 24, 2017 05:02 AM

Symantec Data Loss Prevention customers can get more value from their DLP investment by leveraging their existing data loss policies and incident remediation workflows for Cloud Prevent. It also seamlessly integrates with Symantec’s market-leading Email Security.cloud services, which include anti-spam, anti-malware and policy-based encryption, to provide comprehensive email security for Exchange Online.SaaS version will help customers in achievning their ROI with less efforts and more efficiency through simplified deployment.

Feb 18, 2017 06:21 PM

Very nice for securing the new corporate toolset which now may live outside of your local data center. Any company using O365 and Symantic should be pleased. Looking forward to other cloud solutions will tie into this.

Feb 17, 2017 06:14 PM

great to see extra security around cloud services. I've always been a bit dubious of where my data lives. perhaps now I can put more trust in them!

Feb 16, 2017 07:53 AM

Brilliant, always good to add extra layers of security to a product/platform. Users of Office 365 and Gmail will be really pleased. Nice article, keep up the good work Symantec

Feb 15, 2017 04:48 PM

Para el correo electrónico es una potente detección basada en la nube. Analisis para el correo saliente que permite minimizar la perdida de informacion y datos confidenciales. Es una herramienta que brinda la capacidad de gestion para el analisis del correo. La mayoria de empresas hoy en dia estan realizando la migracion de sus servidore a la nube con tecnologias de Office365 por ejemplo.

Feb 15, 2017 05:24 AM

Great News..... This will Leverage existing DLP policies and workflows for cloud apps without having to rewrite finely tuned rule sets. Also help in Direct visibility and control over all types of content. More and more cloud offering are coming these days reducing corporates TCO.

Feb 14, 2017 11:15 PM

Many announcements arrived for and from Symantec in these recent 3-4 months. Impressed with the speed that they are travelling in to the world of cyber security with strategic solutions and partnerships. Wish them all the best for their and our secured future.

Feb 14, 2017 10:53 AM

Useful for all those people running office 365 and gmail! symantecs product catalog is unstoppable. another great article, thanks!

Feb 11, 2017 12:30 AM

Makes more sense. Thank you Linda. Like you said we are all excited. Its the Symantec we know. 

Feb 10, 2017 08:43 PM

DLP for cloud? Why not???
Seems like everyone is moving everything to cloud based applications these days. What about the cost? Is there any noticeable performance decrease? Is there any risk for data loss?
Inquiring minds wanna know...

Feb 10, 2017 07:13 PM

It's great to hear that our partners are excited about all the integration work we're doing! This latest integration is between DLP and Email Security.cloud, so we're not leveraging the Elastica console here, but you're absolutely correct that we are for our DLP integration with CASB. Thank you for the positive feedback! 

Feb 10, 2017 02:26 AM

Great going Symantec. As a first step toward the full integration of Blue Coat, Symantec has extended its DLP to cover over 60 SaaS apps and layered in SaaS app discovery, visibility, encryption and tokenization. All the best and way ahead....

Feb 09, 2017 10:30 PM

Pleased to hear the news. All the best Symantec. More n More technologies are getting over CLoud these days. Email security area is very much important tier of any organizations security.  Cloud has arrived in the enterprise, introducing a series of new security and compliance challenges for IT and Security professionals like us to grapple with as your network evolves.

Feb 09, 2017 11:46 AM

Great strategy to make use of the acquired technology. If I'm correct, this is the Elastica Console put to great use here. Many of us were already excited about Symantec + Elastica (automatic merger) due to Symantec + Bluecoat deal. I knew it was always more than CASB that can add value. Hope we see Elastica's expertise in mobile DLP integrating with the Symantec DLP solution some day. The remote scanning over GPRS is no longer the best option. All the best while we stay tuned.

Feb 09, 2017 08:34 AM

DLP is extremely important but at the same time it can be a pain to configure and implement. This option allows users and companies to implement this type of technology a bit easier without the need for the infrastructure behind it.

Feb 09, 2017 01:50 AM

DLP Cloud Service for Email is powerful, cloud-based content detection that rigorously examines all of your outbound email traffic for sensitive data. Now days most of organisation are using cloud emails. it easy to manage content detection policies, investigate and remediate policy violations, and monitor

Feb 08, 2017 06:26 PM

Another good article by symantec, thanks. Will be useful to all those using office 36, I'll be interested to see if this integrate with other Symantec' products. Looks like a good enterprise product!

Feb 08, 2017 10:30 AM

Wow good to hear about these new solutions.  My DLP division will greatly appreicate addiitonal options they can use to further enhance our security regimine.

With going to more SaaS type of services this type of security is definitely needed.  Glad to see Symantec is keeping up witht he ever evolving technilogies being used in enterprises.

Feb 08, 2017 04:11 AM

This is a great edition, especially with more companies using cloud email.

I'd love to see a video of this in action or some more screenshots. Looks clean and slick.

Great job Symantec.

Feb 08, 2017 01:13 AM

I know a lot large enterprise companies felt hesitated to implement Office 365 in the company, this Could DLP product definately will build up the confidence for them. Symantec DLP covers so much now, I felt like that someone knows Symantec DLP deep can easily find well paid job easily.

Feb 07, 2017 02:07 PM

Great article @Symantec!  My team and do not management this environment, however I sit next to the guy that does and he will be very excited about this!  With phishing attempts and corporate espionage so big now-a-days, having this technology will be extremely helpful with the O365 environment!  Thanks @Symantec for another great product!

Feb 07, 2017 01:44 PM

This is pretty exciting to see and learn.  Will we be able to leverage the same types of detection in this (EDM, IDM, DCM, etc.) or will there be limits?

Any cool videos or demos of this in action outside of the screenshot?

Pretty excited for this

Feb 07, 2017 10:44 AM

I have been on the bad end of lost email due to malware.  And the horrendous effort it seemed to take to get it restored!  If this integrates seamlessly with Outlook 365 then I think many companies will benfit from the security of DLP.

Feb 07, 2017 10:09 AM

As more and more service are moving to cloud based, the current software would not work, so this is a good addition to the line of security. We have been migrating our users to O365 recently so this might fit our needs so another product to investigate.

Thanks for sharing.

Feb 07, 2017 10:09 AM

WOW...a new cloud data loss prevention (DLP) service for Symantec Email Security.cloud customers.

A much awaited feature for Office 365 and Gmail Emails security.

I am sure Symantec is doing an amazing job with bring DLP as SaaS.

This would help a lot of customers who are now facing "ransomeware" issues.

Keep it up, Symantec.

Feb 07, 2017 09:37 AM

Looks like a good enterprise product! Glad that it supports Office 365 and Gmail. The interface lloks great, too, similar to everything I've seen for this gen of Symantec.

Feb 07, 2017 09:28 AM

We use a Symantec product currently but not for our Office 365 users. Given that this is a cloud hosted product, the thing I'd most like to know is how this effects using Office 365 with the EU Model Clauses? Safe Harbor isn't enough anymore, we couldn't (wouldn't) touch anything without guarantees of how and where the data is being handled.

Feb 07, 2017 09:05 AM

This is great and setup should be relatively uncomplicated with email security.cloud. This will be a huge benefit for those on the move to O365. I'll be interested to see if this integrate with Symantec's CASB as well. Really impressed with the unified vision.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.