Endpoint Protection

View Only

Next Liveupdate Time shows a previous date than the Last Liveupdate Time. 

Jun 19, 2012 05:53 AM

Title

Next Liveupdate Time shows a previous date than the Last Liveupdate Time.

Error 

Problem

The Liveupdate Next status date is way in the past and the current status on Liveupdate comes with the latest date.

Cause

Scheduling of Liveupdate not done as per default settings.

Solution

1) Login into the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\

2) Go to the Admin Tab

3) Select Servers

4) Select the Local Site

5) Right Click on the Local Site and select the option of Edit Site Properties.

6) A Window would launch

7) Go to the second tab i.e. the Liveupdate Tab

8) Click on Edit Schedule button and set the Schedule as per convenience or as default which is Every 4 Hours.

9) The schedule should now be updated and the Next Liveupdate Time should also be updated.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 02, 2014 01:37 AM

Experienced the same issue this morning on SEPM 12.1.4104.4130 (RU4 MP1a)

Above recommendations did not work as suggested by Simpson and this is the same recommended by Symantec as in http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH193870 - Next Liveupdate Time shows a previous date than the Last LiveUpdate Time.

Observation:

• SEPM Home screen shows old definitions on Manager but latest on Symantec.
  • LiveUpdate status shows next schedule as old dates
  • Even after manual download of definitions using Download LiveUpdate Content, clients not receiving the latest defs but SEPM is updated on 535C and 07B5 folders

Solution that fixed:

• Restart Symantec Embedded Database and SEPM services.

Dec 09, 2013 02:27 PM

I have the same problem. Any suggestions? This problem is one reason it should not work liveupdate?? Because mi last definitions is 6 days ago. HEEEELP !!!

Sep 14, 2012 12:31 PM

Oh, did a reboot and now it's working.  Not sure why it wasn't working with the same setting previously.  Seems like a bug.  Now we'll have to see if the updates get pushed out to all the clients.

Sep 14, 2012 09:40 AM

I'm stuck with this same issue.  I tried updating the schedule but the next liveupdate time is still in the past.  This is a relatively new install of SEP and I didn't try to setup anything fancy.  Just the normal settings.  Apparently the normal settings don't set things up to work by default.  I'm actually thinking that this might not have ever worked right since the initial setup.  Please help.

Jul 31, 2012 05:28 AM

My SEPM is 12.1 RU1 MP1 in Windows 2008 server.

If LiveUpdate does not run at the "Next Liveupdate Time" by any reason (no idea why), SEPM won't run any schedule LiveUpdate again because it only record the old "Next Liveupdate Time" to run.

Then, manually run the "LiveUpdate" function to download the latest contents successfully. However, the "Next Liveupdate Time" still won't change for the new time. Well, follow Simpson's suggestion to manually update the property of "LiveUpdate". It still shows the old "Next Liveupdate Time". I think that it won't run Liveupate if the "Next Liveupdate Time" is still the old date.

How to fix this error?

Thanks for any help.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.