IT Management Suite

View Only

Updated Packages For Monitoring Multiple Emails with a Single Email Monitor Application - For Servicedesk 7.5 Sp1 

Jan 31, 2014 04:05 PM

This article is the original 7.5 version of the  email monitoring application for using multiple addresses.  You can use this as a reference for installation purposes.

This download contains the revised package files for 7.5 Sp1.  There were some revisions to how emails generated new tickets and a couple of cosmetic issues that have now been resolved.  

Please follow the instructions in the article link above.  Thank you!

Statistics
0 Favorited
2 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
package file
SD.Email_.Monitor.Multi_.package   3.11 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Mar 11, 2020
package file
SD.EmailServerAccountAdmin.package   266 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Mar 11, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 09, 2014 09:53 AM

Heman,

I must apologize. After reading your post I went back into the Process Automation options for Incident Management to attempts the steps I discussed earlier. I also experienced the same issue where you couldn't use a data mapping for routing based on the Channel Details. The functionality I was remember is only available with custom data setup to extend Incident.

You will have to either use the work around you discussed or go back to making the modifications inside SD.Email.Monitor.Multi.

Apr 08, 2014 06:10 AM

Hi TGiles

I have tried using data mapping and it does not work. It does work if create a specific rule for each of my mailboxes and routing them to a specific queue. I have 4 mailboxes so will have 4 rules for each mailbox. I have checked everything on the data tables, I created for the previous email Monitor, but it still does not route using the routing tables.

In the rule set "OnIncidentReceived" - Actions I created the action - "Route Incident" "Using Location Routing Table"  and tried both "Routing Table: Location" and "EmailToQueue" (as in the old email monitor-Multi) and this does not work.

Any help will be appriciated. I do have a work around, but would like to get it working properly.

Apr 04, 2014 09:05 AM

As the SP1 version of the Multi e-mail monitor project passes the monitored e-mail boxes information into the generated Incident there is no reason to customize the project to handle the routing & classification inside the project. With SP1 you handle the routing & classification with the OnIncidentReceived ruleset creating a rule that looks at the Request Channel Details field. You can also examine the Request Channel field to make sure the incident was generated by Email as well.

You still need to define a data mapping table in the portal. You will define the key1 field to match the e-mail box being monitored & your value will be the queue or classification value you wish the incident to be assigned. 

Apr 04, 2014 06:33 AM

I am now trying to get this working and now getting some validation errors on the "Match Email"componants when implementing the Routing & Classification model in part -2. :-

1: Match Email.To address to EmailToQueue mapping

Reason -Error validating info - Result on component RulesDataServiceDynamicService.GetAllRulesActionMappingByKeyComponent

with detail :- Could not find data handler for type RulesDataServiceDynamicService.RuleActionMappingValues

2. Match Email.To address to EmailToClassification mapping

Reason :- Error validating info - Result on component RulesDataServiceDynamicService.GetAllRulesActionMappingByKeyComponent

Details :- Could not find data handler for type RulesDataServiceDynamicService.RuleActionMappingValues

Please can you help

Mar 26, 2014 04:50 PM

The inclusion of the Quarantine folder for the Administration tool was an improvement that didn't get included in the original version. Because of that change it will cause problems with the original entries. You can get around this by simply adding a new Quarantine field to the table. This way you don't have to remove the table and lose the data.

The option to publish a project to a Windows Service was removed with the 7.5 SP1 release due to some issues with the process. I know this functionality has already been re-enabled for future releases.

Mar 26, 2014 04:36 PM

I've been testing this out today in dev. One issue I've seen so far:

It didn't upgrade the dbo.EmailServerInfo table, so the EmailServerAccountAdmin form failed (hit an except and went to process complete). After I deleted the existing table I had from before, the form recreated the table from scratch and it was working. Obviously this blows away my existing accounts I had setup. I'm guessing this is because of the new quarantine folder field that didnt exist in the old table.

Another thing that didn't work for me was creating a publishing installer in the Email Monitor Multi to run it as a Windows service. It says "An installer cannot be created for Windows Service or Task Tray Application publishing". It did let me create a publishing directory, and then I installed it as normal.

I will be testing the rest of it soon, looks like some new functionality in it.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.