Symantec Protection Center Product Community

View Only

SEP 12.1 RU1 (Symantec Endpoint Protection) is now available 

Nov 17, 2011 02:46 PM

SEP 12.1 RU1 is now available on FileConnect. You will need to use your SEP 12.1 M# (serial) to login to Fileconnect and access the latest release.

There have been a few changes, such as the inclusion of the Symantec Installation Manager (Altiris platform) that provides access to IT Analytics. SPC 2.0 is the same as before. There is also the inclusion of a separate Mac client. The "Full" download from before was also a bit confusing so it has been renamed to Part1_Installation_EN. You will want to download both Part 1 and 2 so you have all the bits you need.

Last but not least, the SEP Recovery Tool 2.0.24 has been added for easy access.

Release Notes for Symantec™ Endpoint Protection, Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition, and Symantec Network Access Control, version 12.1 Release Update 1
http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4889

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Mar 22, 2012 11:02 PM

Iam also facing the same issue my export package wizard is not working out..still process is showing..

Mar 20, 2012 03:14 AM

Hi, 

same issue here, after upgrading the SEPM from 11.05 to 12.1 RU1 with embedded database, i'm unable to export client packages. 

After exporting about 50% of the package the status bar does not proceed anymore and no new files are written to the disk. 

When i run the update.bat on the sepm i can export some packages with basic content. But after doing this it stucks again. 

Exporting a package with full content was'nt possible at any time

Mar 19, 2012 05:36 PM

Has someone else saw already the timeout bug? After you export a SEP Package you can't do it again! Same thing with CDW and add client :x

Only have seen this so far with 12.1 RU1 and new install. not on a migrated SEPM 12.1 RU1

Mar 02, 2012 12:48 AM

Hi HSS

Yes, you need to install the updates on your existing SEPM servers if you want to upgrade to the current release
May we know what SEPM version are you running?

You may also check the ff. articles

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/upgrade-paths-sep-121amber

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/sep-11x-sep-121-upgrade-process-graphical-overview

Thanks

Mar 01, 2012 11:57 PM

Hi,

Could you please let me know, if this new update needs to be installed on SEPM server?

Thanks,

Dec 09, 2011 02:10 PM

I'm waiting for this video to be published, but in the meantime, I'll see if I can post it here. It lasts about 30 min.

It features both SEP and SNAC SE (Starter Edition) 12.1 RU1 SEPMs being installed with SQL 2008 R2 database, all installed on a 2008 R2 Datacenter box. I go through licensing and do a couple SQL queries as well.

Note, the SNAC SE install is assuming you own licenses for SNAC SE or have a Protection Suite that includes SNAC SE. Otherwise, the SNAC SE install is very similar to just installing SEP. I did not install any clients in this video.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.