Endpoint Protection

View Only

How to get the password to login to Liveupdate Administrator, if you don't remember the password and the email is not configured. 

Jul 12, 2010 09:40 AM

How to get the password to login to Liveupdate Administrator, if you don't remember the password and the email is not configured.

Unable to login to LiveUpdate Administrator, don't remeber the password to login after you click on 'Forgot Password' it return the following "Mail Server is not configured"

The Mail server is not configured during the initial installation of LiveUpdate Administrator, as a result, the  system has no e-mail address to send the forgotten password to.

Steps
File LUA.XML has the configuration information for the Mail Server. This file can be found at
                         C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate Administrator\tomcat\webapps\lua\WEB-INF\classes

Backup the above file, Edit the original file,  The portion that you need to edit is here:

<SMTPServer>
<Servername default="SMTP Server" encrypt="false" sort="1"type="server">emailserverhere</Servername>
<FromAddress default="LiveUpdateAdministrator@symantec.com" encrypt="false" sort="2" type="emailid">emailaddresshere</FromAddress>
</SMTPServer>

Note: In the above section of LUA.XML you'll want to input your Mail Server's netbios name where it says "emailserverhere", and input the address you want the forgotten password e-mailed to where it says "emailaddresshere".  

Save and exit the lua.xml file, then restart the LUA Apache Tomcat Services.
Try login to LiveUpdate Administrator and click on Forgot Password link.
It will send an email to the e-mail address which you have specified.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Aug 29, 2012 11:16 AM

Got it...

Aug 29, 2012 11:10 AM

Im going through this for my LUA server 2.3.0.71 but get a tomcat error when I change the xml file?

Can anyone shed some light on this, I need to reset the password and this seems like the only easy way. Am I changing things in the correct section, the wording doesnt exactly match up, so Im trying to judge which needs to be changed.

<SMTPServer>
        <Servername default="SMTP Server" type="server" sort="1">SMTP Server</mymailservername.domain.edu>
        <FromAddress default="LiveUpdateAdministrator@symantec.com" type="emailid" sort="2">LiveUpdateAdministrator@symantec.com</FromAddress>
        <SMTPAuthentication type="smtpAuthCheckbox" default="false" sort="1">false</SMTPAuthentication>
        <ServerUserName type="String" default=" " max="512" sort="1">&amp;</ServerUserName>
        <ServerPassword type="Password" sort="1" max="20" encrypt="true">XX(changedforsecurity)xxxx</ServerPassword>
    </SMTPServer>
    <!-- SMTP changes End -->
    <!-- Email Changes -->
    <EmailNotification>
        <Notify type="smtpAuthCheckbox1" default="false" sort="1">false</Notify>
        <NotifyAddr type="notifyAddr" default="myemailaddress@something.com" sort="1">myemailaddress@something.com</NotifyAddr>
    </EmailNotification>
    <!-- Email Changes End -->

</properties>

Aug 21, 2010 11:36 AM

Hey Vishal thanks for the info, could you please let me know  the known reasons where the above steps will not work

I wanted to book mark this , but wanted  to get this clarified first

Aug 20, 2010 04:43 PM

This is a good work around to be tried...however worth mentioning that this solution does not work always (for unknown reasons)...I have had situations with some customers where it did not. Uninstall and re-install is the only way out, if that happens.:-(

However, definitely worth trying the  steps mentioned.

Aug 13, 2010 07:27 PM

hi.. thanks for this information..
NTC

Aug 12, 2010 06:52 AM

One of my clients got the same problem, now I can suggest him this solution.

Thanks
SEO Services Nepal

Jul 22, 2010 09:51 AM

Good Information...

Jul 21, 2010 02:45 PM

Good job

Jul 21, 2010 10:22 AM

Nice work ! i was looking for it

Jul 20, 2010 01:34 AM

Good! I encounter a customer some days ago that he didn't remember the password and email address of the LUA. This article will be a great help.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.