Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only

Modify or Update Resolution Details (i.e. Resolution Date, Text and Close Code) after ticket is resolved or close.(Version 2) 

Aug 12, 2014 03:47 PM

The Project has been designed to address the concern of a few client who wanted to know whether it would be possible to update or modify resolution details when ticket is either in "Resolved" or "Closed".

This project can help in updating or correcting the resolution data if the technician had made a mistake on the Work Incident page. 

OverView.png

The Project checks the following things before it allow any one to modify details.

1. Permission : User need to have "WorkflowTasksManagement.Access" permission. This can be change to any other permission based on requirement.

2. Ticket Status: The project will only allow you to modify Resolution Details only when tickets is either at "Resolved" state or "Close" state.

3. Process Start and End Date: The resolution Date/Time cannot be change to before and beyond the Process Start Date or End Date.

The Project need to be added as a Process Type Action and it will show up in Process Action web-part of the Full Incident View page as shown below. 

Process Type Action for Admin use

adminview.png

Final View of Process Type Action for Non Admin user

ProcessTypeActionForNonAdmin.png

Setup For Process Type Action

Go to ServiceDesk/Process Manager Portal>Admin>Data>Process Type Action> Incident Management. Click on Thunder bolt Add Action and add the details as mentioned below. You can limit the visibility of the Edit Resolution Details based on requirement but Ideally this should be reserved with administrators only. 

Note:

• Please note that this is an custom project designed as a proof of concept or as an example project and would not be supported by Symantec Tech Support. If you have any concern or questions feel free to post it on the comment section and I will get back to you. 
  • ReportID (SessionID) of the Incident will to be passed to the project only from Process Type Action when the link for the same is clicked
  • To avoid any conflicts make sure you keep it is an admin action only, so that only administrator would be able to see it. 

ProcessTypeAction.png

You'll need to update the SQL connection String in the project properties as per your connection.(Copy it from Workflow Explorer>SymQ Configuration>Workflow Core>local.workflowsqlexchange-).

AdjustResolutionDateTime3.jpg

SQLstring.png

Modifications 

• The Project has been simplified, it can now be only added as a Process Type Action and option to use it as an IFrame Web-part has been removed completely to avoid conflicts.

Statistics
0 Favorited
2 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
package file
SD.IncidentManagementSimple.AdjustResolutionTime.package   2.26 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Mar 11, 2020
package file
SD.IncidentManagementSimple.UpdateResolutionDetails.package   2.33 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Mar 11, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 08, 2019 01:41 PM

Hello

When I unpackage the package, I get a window for custom libraries that already exist.  Do I overwrite or create new ones?  Please see screenshot.

Thanks

Maritza

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.