Endpoint Protection

View Only

Apply a policy on a single machine also without creating a new group.  

Aug 13, 2013 05:47 AM

Please find the below my Document, As per the document now  we can apply a policy on a single machine also without creating a new group. 

Thanks,

Sachin Sawant

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
docx file
apply a policy on a single machine.docx   365 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Aug 24, 2013 10:31 AM

Would love to know how. Please enlighten me.

Aug 24, 2013 10:19 AM

good article

Aug 17, 2013 09:11 AM

You created a second location based on a condition, not a policy. You didn't apply any policies (AV, fw, IPS, etc..)

Aug 17, 2013 09:01 AM

Hi _Brian,

Yes, its creating a second policy but you can copy Registry key as per article, this policy applied only one machine for example SCSEPM machine. As per mention Registry key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\ComputerName\ActiveComputerName\Computer = SCSEPM

Thanks for reply

Aug 17, 2013 08:47 AM

Seems the article needs to show more steps.

You basically created a second location...and that's it.

Now, what to do next?

I would think you would want to show creating a second policy and apply it...

Aug 17, 2013 08:40 AM

Hi SebastianZ and _ Brian

Thanks for your reply, some time the SEPM is integrated with AD. In that case you won’t be able to assign policy to a single client. Policy will always be applied to a group and not to single machine.

This article is helping you in this case, becoz as per article you can applied a policy on a single machine.

If any queries for this article please reply, becoz without your help I am not able to explain the article.

Thanks,

Aug 17, 2013 07:45 AM

Hi,

Its very nice article, my SEPM integrated with AD and i cont apply two policy in same group for a different machine, but as per article its possible to apply two policy in same group.

Aug 16, 2013 09:56 AM

What is the objective of this article? You showed me how to create a new location, yet the title suggests otherwise. I'm completely lost on this.

Confused,
Brian

Aug 16, 2013 03:49 AM

I am sorry but I don't understand - is this article posted only for purpose of posting it??

According to the subject "Apply a policy on a single machine also without creating a new group." - but in the article what you write are basics on how to create a new location!  What does it have to do with it?

Aug 16, 2013 02:41 AM

Hi,

It is very nice reserch it,s very help full to me,

bequse i have 25000 client.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.