Deployment Solution

View Only

Deployment Server 6.9 AClient Hotfix 6.9.176 Installer 

Jun 03, 2008 05:04 PM

A Hotfix to AClient on Deployment Server 6.9 is available. However, there is no installer, only instructions to manually apply the Hotfix. While the manual instructions are straight-forward, it can be time-consuming if you have multiple Deployment Servers to apply it to.

I have written an NSIS Install Script that will allow you to silently install the Hotfix to all of your Deployment Servers. To learn more about how to install and use NSIS, read my article Using NSIS to Build Application Installers.

To create the AClient Hotfix Installer, do the following:

1. Download ftp://ftp.altiris.com/product/deployment_server/6.9/hotfixes/aclient/aclient_6_9_176.zip
  2. Create a new folder named DS_Hotfix.
  3. In the DS_Hotfix folder, create the following subfolders: “Deployment Server\Agents\AClient”
  4. Extract altiris-aclient-6.9.176.X86.exe into the folder “DS_Hotfix\Deployment Server\Agents\AClient”
  5. Download the zip file DS_AClient_Hotfix_6_9_176.zip.
  6. Extract DS_AClient_Hotfix_6_9_176.nsi into the folder “DS_Hotfix”
  7. Use NSIS to compile DS_AClient_Hotfix_6_9_176.nsi.
License:AJSL
By clicking the download link below, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris Juice Software License
Support:User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
DS_AClient_Hotfix_6_9_176.zip   1 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Nov 16, 2009 12:43 AM

I have altiris deployment solution 6.8 and i want to upgrade to 6.9 sp3.how can i do that?

Jul 11, 2008 10:55 AM

The installer uses the registry key "Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\Axengine.exe" to find the install directory, so as long as that registry value points to the right directory, you should be fine.
By the way, I have compiled the install script into a "ready to run" executable for you. you can find it at http://juice.altiris.com/download/4689/deployment-server-69-aclient-hotfix-69176-installer-ready-run

Jul 09, 2008 05:22 AM

May I make a suggestion?
I hardly ever install Altiris in %Programfiles.
Could you not read-out the HKLM\..\Altiris Express\ServiceInstallPath and use that? It would help me!
Im am not (yet) into nsis so I could not change the nsiss-script myself. For now, I will follow/automate the manual using plain old batch/cmd for now
I do like the effort and look forward for an update

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.