ServiceDesk

View Only

Web Site dropdown is not populated in installation of SeerviceDesk 7.1  

Mar 10, 2011 03:23 PM

During the installation of ServiceDesk 7.1, there is a dropdown that is populated with the websites from IIS. Typically, there is only one, called Default Web Site. In some cases, that dropdown will not be populated with that entry. This occurs on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine running IIS 7.5.

Environment

This occurs on a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine running IIS 7.5.

Cause

The installation of ServiceDesk requires IIS 6 Management Compatibility to be installed. This issue is present when that is not installed.

Solution

Follow these steps to install the necessary components:

1. Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
  2. In the navigation pane, expand Roles, right-click Web Server (IIS), and then click Add Role Services.
  3. In the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
  4. Click to select the IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console check boxes.
  5. In the Select Role Services pane, click Next, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
  6. Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.

After that is installed, you may restart the installation of ServiceDesk. This should resolve that issue

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Apr 26, 2011 08:16 AM

Hello!

That information is in the latest installation guide, found here:

Installing or Upgrading Servicedesk 7.0 MR2 to 7.1 - Using a Domain-based Service Account 
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO49691  

The document downloadable from that page should be considered the most definitive and up-to-date instructions for the installation of ServiceDesk 7.1 .

Thank you,

Randall Newnham

Apr 25, 2011 05:38 PM

Could you update the install document with this info? It burned me today because it says to use IIS 6 or 7 but I didn't see info about installing the IIS 6 compatibility. (if I missed it please disregard this)

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.