Endpoint Protection

View Only

NEW RELEASE: Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 is Now Available 

Jun 01, 2015 12:04 PM

Overview

Today, Symantec released Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6, which integrates the existing features currently in Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded 5.1. This release continues the positive momentum of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1- Unrivaled Security, Blazing Performance, and Smarter Management.

With this latest release, Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 now has features specific to the embedded platform. This change removes the need for the separate Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows Embedded 5.1 offering. Symantec will cease selling Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded today, June 1, 2015. The technical support services of the old 5.1 product will close on October 15, 2016. There is no direct migration between Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 and the Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded 5.1. We encourage customers who have embedded systems in their environments to upgrade to this latest version.

Key New Features in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6

Integration of the existing features in Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded

• Reduced size client- 80-90% smaller than the standard size client that fits embedded systems, greatly reducing the definition set and improving performance
  • Supported OS systems- Windows embedded systems, Win10, RedHat7.0
  • Write filters support- File based write filter and registry filter are fully supported on all the supported Windows embedded systems

Feature Enhancements

• Reducing the attack surface using System Lockdown- Integrated workflow for System Lockdown makes it easier to collect File Fingerprint list
  • Large content mitigation- Ability to alert the admin when Symantec Endpoint Protection clients request for full content, which mitigates network overload
  • Better with Advanced Threat Protection (ATP Integration)- Get a suspicious file from the client to the ATP server for further analysis

Technical Resources

What’s New in Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6

FAQ: Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded EOL

Upgrade or migrate to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been released & available to download

Product guides for all versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 11, 2015 08:21 AM

I couldn't install SEP 12.1.6 f/ fedora 23 .

The installation script aborts detecting wrongly the java version.

It detects below 1.5 , but I have the 1.8 installed , confirmed using java -version.

Thanks

Oct 11, 2015 10:09 PM

I have had no problems with installing it on Windows 10.

Sep 11, 2015 10:33 AM

Really? well im running at 12.1.5 atm and the log file still grows up to 20 GB and more...

Sep 11, 2015 10:22 AM

This was fixed at either 12.1.2 or 12.1.3, I can't remember which exactly.

Sep 11, 2015 10:16 AM

Hi,

is the issue with the "rapidly" growing sem5.log still present? Or is there already any kind of fix in the latest version.

It is really annoying to delete a >20 GB .log file every two weeks. :)

thanks!

Jul 20, 2015 01:10 PM

It does not officially support Windows 10 although it should install just fine. See here:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sep-1215-and-windows-10-technical-preview#comment-11141921

Jul 20, 2015 11:25 AM

Your article says it supports Windows 10, but other articles I've read say that it doesn't. Which is true?

Jul 19, 2015 10:36 AM

The link was provided, it should be relatively simple for your setup:

Upgrade or migrate to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6

Jul 19, 2015 10:27 AM

Hi Sara...

How are you..

Challenge is… one of my client using SEP12.1.5 antivirus...so they want to upgrade to SEP12.1.6..

What I need to do this challenge? 

Please provide proper document I will implement at client place.

Current client environment…

> They are Using SEP 12.1.5 managing clients around 150.

> Using Single domain only..

Give me suggestion how can I do upgrade.

Thank you.

Bhaskar B

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.