Endpoint Protection Cloud

View Only

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud is Now Available! 

Sep 12, 2016 06:33 PM

Attacks targeting small and medium businesses continue to rise as 65% of all targeted attacks struck these businesses in 2015. In addition, employees today expect choices in the devices they select and the apps they use at work. Lastly, IT resources to handle on-boarding, protection, and management of these devices are increasingly constrained. This leads to headaches for IT professionals, as they must manage a heterogeneous environment while protecting their users from sophisticated targeted attacks, all with a limited set of resources.

Symantec has been working hard to address these challenges while helping customers move to a cloud-based security solution through Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud, which is now generally available in the United States. The latest solution in our endpoint protection portfolio, Endpoint Protection Cloud is an industry-leading security as a service that is always up-to-date, easy to manage, and offers advanced protection for users anywhere.

It makes security simple and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses since it has a low total cost of ownership with no dedicated IT resources required. In addition, it’s easy to deploy and use because a single console for endpoint protection, management, mobility, and encryption enables IT to setup, manage, and secure users and all their devices in less than 5 minutes. Endpoint Protection Cloud enables you to:

Protect Against the Next Generation of Threats

• Block unknown threats with advanced machine learning and other proven intelligent protection techniques
  • Shield against ransomware and zero-day attacks in real time with the Symantec Global Intelligence Network that includes 175 million endpoints
  • Defend your business with the same best-in-class security used to protect Fortune 500 companies

Deploy and Manage Users in Under 5 Minutes

• Protect users on any device with one-step policy configuration applied across all of their devices (Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android)
  • Combine endpoint protection, management, mobility, and encryption into a single, cloud-based solution
  • Stay ahead of threats with always-on security that is automatically updated

Secure Your Devices for Less than a Dime a Day

• Reduce capital expenditures with an affordable pay-as-you-grow model designed for small business budgets
  • Delivered as a cloud-based service which requires no additional infrastructure for a low total cost of ownership
  • Eliminate the need for IT specialization and dedicated resources

Want to learn more about Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud? Watch the product overview video or start a free trial today!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 04, 2017 10:44 AM

@haroldvm89

When you loig into your SEPC console, in the upper right choose Help.  From there you have the full range of existing documentation for SEPC, including in some cases short video walkthroughs for deployment.  Bear in mind, as with all companies that create documentation, the product and the docs are not always in perfect sync but you can definitely get most things done with minimal aggrevation.  

Dec 01, 2017 05:14 PM

Closest I've found:

https://help.symantec.com/home/saep?locale=EN_US

Dec 01, 2017 05:03 PM

Hello,

Where can I find documentation about how to do the initial setup and policy configuration for this SEP Cloud?

Thanks,

May 20, 2017 06:33 PM

Hi there,

when will sep.cloud be available for Ghana. One of my clients is testing, and i wouldn't like to disappoint him.

So let me have the details, so we can plan.

Thanks

Alex

Apr 12, 2017 09:08 PM

As of today, Apr 12 2017 I've spent two days emailing with distributors who are telling me SEPC is not available in Canada. 

I'm not sure why it is that I can sign up for a Trial in Canada, but can't sell the product here. 

Jan 09, 2017 01:27 AM

When does EMEA have access, as this is only available to US ?

Jan 09, 2017 12:40 AM

Has SEP Cloud been successfully launched globally yet? I'm in Australia and I'm interested in getting onboard.

Nov 04, 2016 01:02 PM

How is SEP SBE different from SEP Cloud? Since both products are targeting at SMB customers, why create two different products?

Oct 27, 2016 01:03 PM

I was thinking the same thing. You would think the release would be at the same time to US/Canada due to the promixity, but it probably has to do to privacy laws, language, and where the data sits/resides.

Oct 27, 2016 12:14 PM

Might I enquire, generally speaking but ideally specifically to Canada, why is it so long before release to other countries?  Is it a matter of languages, or data center locations, or local privacy laws, or something else?  I can see why it would take time to EMEA, but I would think it would be released in Canda the same day as the US.  Very odd. 

Oct 27, 2016 11:18 AM

Any idea when this will be available in Canada?

Oct 12, 2016 05:51 AM

This is great news for our organization as dedicated resouce is not require. So in future will definately rolling this product out.

Oct 07, 2016 01:27 AM

very benefical to the small business, Excited about this

Oct 06, 2016 01:47 PM

Security technology advances safely. Symantec shows that their technology is effectively zero days. Options on multiple operating systems is one of the reasons why it is important to have Symantec technology. It is very satisfying and is important to have this protection.

Oct 03, 2016 11:16 PM

Excited about this product looking forward to work on it....

Oct 03, 2016 12:00 PM

Is good news. espeacially that includes protecition for ios and adroid.

Small bussines option to protect their enviroments.

Easy and confident, as always.

Oct 01, 2016 06:02 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your great comments on SEP Cloud.

Do watch this space for more updates, and let us know if you would like an overview of the product.

Thanks!

Oct 01, 2016 06:01 AM

Hello Bhagyesh,

You are right about the Cloud and its many benefits. Spot on!

You will be happy to know that with SEP Cloud, our uptime SLA for SEP Cloud is 99.99%.

And, at a significantly lower cost, SEP Cloud brings to you protection from unknown and zero-day threats and ransomeware by leveraging its machine-laerning based Intelligent Threat Cloud.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 05:58 AM

Hello,

I see that you have registered for the free trial. Do let us know what you think of the product. We would love to get onto a call, and listen to your feedback.

Thanks!

Oct 01, 2016 05:56 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in SEP Cloud and your comments.

You are right. Any IT solution that requires no CapEX and fewer resources/less skill to manage is the answer to pressures that the economies are facing.

The Cloud simplifies setup and implementation and is the perfect answer to all these problems.

Do write in to us to let us know if you want an overview of the product.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 05:42 AM

Hello,

SEP Cloud is currently hosted and available for purchase in the United States. We will be launching globally by the end of the year.

SEP Cloud offers Security and Management for traditional and modern/mobile devices.  SEP Cloud leverages our intelligent threat cloud to greatly reduce definition update sizes making it a robust solution.

And yes! Partners are at the heart of Symantec’s go-to-market strategy for SEP Cloud, and we would be happy to have you test drive the product as soon as you are able to.

Do let us know if you would be interested in a demo of the product till such time that we provision free trials globally.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 05:39 AM

Thanks for pitching in, Richard! Yes, that's the plan.

We are slated for a global launch in Q4 of 2016.

Oct 01, 2016 05:37 AM

Hello.

You make a good point.

And yes, the time of security via the cloud has arrived!

Constraints on budgets have forced companies, small and large, towards automation of every kind. Any IT solution that requires no CapEX and fewer resources/less skill to manage is the answer to pressures that the economies are facing.

The Cloud is the perfect answer to all these problems, and hence the adoption the of Cloud is increasing with the increasing trust that people are placing in the technology.

Even large companies with diminishing bottom lines are moving to the cloud to avoid heavy capital investments in IT infrastructure.

Oct 01, 2016 05:25 AM

Thanks Kevin, for the great comments!

Do keep watching this space for further updates.

Oct 01, 2016 05:24 AM

Hello Rishiraj,

All your points are spot-on. The age of Cloud Security has arrived.

Thanks for your comments!

Oct 01, 2016 05:22 AM

Hello,

Thanks for your comments.

Yes, you are absolutely right about SEP Cloud solving security concerns for SMBs and organizations of that size. While Symantec will initially target SMBs with less than 1,000 endpoints, SEP Cloud has been architected to scale to tens of thousands of devices – there is no limit on the size of customer. Besides, SMBs, SEP Cloud is also very well suited to enterprises challenged with managing security for their remote users.  Also, companies looking for mobile endpoint protection can also use SEP Cloud to satisfy their security needs.

Even large companies today are facing many challenges such as the constraints on budgets, fewer resources,  have forced companies towards automation of every kind. Any IT solution that requires no CapEX and fewer resources/less skill to manage is the answer to pressures that the economies are facing.

The Cloud is the perfect answer to all these problems, and hence the adoption the of Cloud is increasing with the increasing trust that people are placing in the technology. The future is bright.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 05:04 AM

Hello Ben,

Yes, SEP Cloud is significantly lower in costs as the cloud-based approach helps eliminate CapEX and since you can pay-as-you-go, the TCO is much lower.

The product provides endpoint protection functionality for Windows, Mac and Android devices, including anti-malware, a toughened firewall, and network protection capabilities. The solution borrows from the same technologies that Symantec uses to help protect its Fortune 500 customers, all this at a much lower cost!

Do reach out to us if you are interested to know more about the product.

Thanks!

Oct 01, 2016 04:37 AM

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your feedback and you nailed it. That has been one of our core tenets in building SEP Cloud. Given the challenges that SMBs face with respect to security alongwith budget and resource constraints, SEP Cloud is offered as a service from the cloud, making setup and ongoing management of heterogenous endpoints a breeze.

Do reach out to us if you are interested to know more about the product.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 03:53 AM

Hello,

We appreciate your concerns.

However, the constraints on budgets have forced companies towards automation of every kind. Any IT solution that requires no CapEX and fewer resources/less skill to manage is the answer to pressures that the economies are facing.

The Cloud is the perfect answer to all these problems, and hence the adoption the of Cloud is increasing with the increasing trust that people are placing in the technology.

Security is delivered on the endpoints with Symantec's advanced endpoint security technologies.We have enabled management from the cloud for the reasons mentioned above.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 03:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Keep watching this space for updates!

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 03:37 AM

That’s correct, Brian. They are not the same product. 

SEP.Cloud has been used as an alternate name for our SEP SBE (SEP Small Business Edition) product. SEP Cloud is a new product and the two are different.  SEP Cloud is built on our Security Cloud platform and delivers protection across traditional and modern/mobile devices.  

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 03:36 AM

Hello Mithun,

I am glad you asked that question.

SEP.Cloud has been used as an alternate name for our SEP SBE (SEP Small Business Edition) product.  SEP Cloud is a new product and the two are different.  SEP Cloud is built on our Security Cloud platform and delivers protection across traditional and modern/mobile devices. 

Here are the corresponding pages for the two products:

SEP<dot>Cloud or SEP SBE - https://www.symantec.com/products/threat-protection/endpoint-family/endpoint-smb

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (SEP Cloud) –

https://www.symantec.com/products/threat-protection/endpoint-family/endpoint-protection-cloud

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 03:35 AM

Hi,

Thanks for writing in.

The global availability for Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud (SEPC) is slated for 2016 Q4 and we are definitely on track to meet that goal.

If you are a partner or a customer and interested in SEP Cloud, we could schedule a demo so you can get an early preview of the product before it is available in your region.

Thanks.

Oct 01, 2016 03:34 AM

Hello Vikas,

Thank you – glad you see the value of  being cloud based.  Stay tuned for more to come on our Security Cloud platform.

Oct 01, 2016 03:06 AM

Many of our EMEA customers are eager to try SEP Cloud and we are working towards a global launch by the end of the year.  We shall keep the forum posted on upcoming releases.

Thanks!

Oct 01, 2016 03:03 AM

Thank you!  We will keep the forum updated about progress/news for Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud.

Sep 28, 2016 11:41 AM

Yay for supporting multiple OSs and devices.  Exciting stuf from Symantec

Sep 27, 2016 02:22 PM

Definitely something I want to take a deeper look into but need to find the time first to do so.

Sep 27, 2016 01:50 PM

This is excelent new for customers, making security simple and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses. Cheep and quick to deploy and offers good protection against the next generations of threats.

Sep 26, 2016 03:41 AM

Attackers no longer aim just for the Fortune 500. Small and mid-sized business owners must adopt the same vigilance against advanced attacks and deploy the same modern defense capabilities found in enterprise solutions like machine learning to protect their businesses. Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud gives SMB owners enterprise-grade protection in a solution that can be set up in less than five minutes and operated by someone with general IT knowledge.

Sep 26, 2016 01:55 AM

Great. Free trial avalible on Symantec site of Symantec Endpoint Protect Cloud.

Very easy to implement and benefical.

Sep 24, 2016 12:18 PM

Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud free trial avliable from symantec. Implementation and policy configuration is very easy and anyone can handle this console.

Sep 24, 2016 07:34 AM

very helpful for small business where they can't invest in big datacetres and most of the organsation are moving to cloud . In symantec more and more product are on cloud.

Sep 24, 2016 04:56 AM

Solution providers looking to protect their customers' endpoint devices need advanced, evolved security protections like artificial intelligence from machine learning, generic exploit mitigation, and behavioral-based technologies provided by Symantec.

Sep 24, 2016 03:27 AM

A new security product from Symantec, could bolster SMBs' defenses against targeted cyberattacks and ransomware. SMB owners must adopt the same vigilance against advanced attacks and deploy the same modern defense capabilities found in enterprise solutions like machine learning to protect their businesses.

Sep 23, 2016 11:18 PM

So ever Cloud is more important todays market and most of the business is shifted to cloud services to 100% up time. Its very benefical to the small business. Symantec Cloud product are the best in industry. also its will the save cost of data centres in the customer environment. Deployment and implemtation are very easy.

Sep 22, 2016 11:36 AM

Nice article update on Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud and this will helps again the move forwards to Cloud computing and its Security.This is may also reduce overhead on agent base Endpoint Protection

Sep 22, 2016 10:23 AM

This is outstanding for customers that are in the cloud or not in the cloud.  I am excited to see how this product works and will benefit customer environments.

Sep 22, 2016 08:13 AM

Great news. Wish more and more security products should be available on cloud with strong security and identity protection. Save TCO and infra cost. But its also important to provide bandwidth and make it availble at less cost to developing countries.

Sep 21, 2016 04:40 PM

I have used and been an Admin for SEP since version 10? I signed up for a free trial just to see how easy it is to manage/administer.  I love the idea of real time protection and the ability to deploy in 5 minutes.  The footprint should be considerably smaller since the bulk of it's in the cloud I would imagine.

Sep 21, 2016 09:49 AM

Fantiasic news! We will all look forward to the ease of a cloud implimentation.

Sep 20, 2016 08:00 AM

It makes security simple and affordable for small and mid-sized businesses since it has a low total cost of ownership with no dedicated IT resources required.

it’s easy to deploy and use because a single console for endpoint protection, management

Sep 20, 2016 06:51 AM

Great. Now its useful for small bsuiness and keep threat away from infections. Now days Symantec product more and more colud base easy to operate.

Sep 20, 2016 05:32 AM

It's nice to see more products moving into the cloud, I think this will be a great product for small to medium sized businesses looking to protect a wide variety of devices.

Sep 19, 2016 06:34 AM

Firstly, I would love a trial for it because I am not in US. Secondly, I see some people talking about this as an MDM solution which makes me very excited. I would love to see how this improves over the traditional SEP environment.

For customers, this is still something that they are "afraid" of in the MENA region, unless they are small enterprises. Definition updates will probably be a concern and pushing out trials to the market will be very important for this to gain polularity.

As a partner, I am very happy that Symantec is selling this primarily through Partners and not directly, like some other vendors do.

Sep 18, 2016 04:31 PM

Hopefully to avoid any confusion the product has an initial lauch in the USA, and will launch in the rest of the world towards the end of this year.

Sep 18, 2016 03:45 AM

World is changing to cloud. First biz applications, then mail, now security solutions. Organizations are saving TCO and Operational Manpower costs by adopting could solutions. Good move and SMB businesses can get the advantages of cloud offerings. But for medium and large enterprises still require on-prem solutions.

Sep 17, 2016 03:32 AM

Cloud AV products seems good to go with as most of corp. administrators find trouble in keeping their endpoints up to date with AV definition though they have GUP servers. Cloud set up also reduce TCO and other infra cost. Also the provisioning and set up time is minimal in this set up.

Sep 16, 2016 09:24 AM

You might have neglected to mention that to do that, you'd have to fill in false information on the sign-in form, as it only allows for US states and zip code information :) However I'd actually like to know what the main reason for this geo-limited deployment is.  Cloud data laws, physical data center rollouts, or what?  I'm sure this wont' be answeredfc by pposting here so I'll put it in a new thread but since we're on the subject...

Sep 16, 2016 09:14 AM

Not to be a pessimist but don't worry, I can say that so far, Symantec's cloud-based endpoint prot. is anything but carefree on maintenance.  I am in Candaa so have not gotten the SEP.cloud or whatever the hell the geniuses in the marketing dept. call it, but I have rolled SEP SBE cloud out to 5 customers and so far, one of them didn't allow the cloud agent to auto-upgrade requiring an onsite visit, another client has all their virus defs suddenly stop updating, then a month later, they just started working suddenly, and so on.  I see no reason to think the new product would be suddenly pain-free so I would highly expect us IT folk to be constantly upkeeping things. 

That siad, I do wish Symantec the best on the launch and I hope the promises are delivered on - though not the "deploy in 5 minutes" nonsense, that would put IT providers out of business.  :)

Sep 16, 2016 12:45 AM

No. The link I have goes directly to the official Symantec Endpoint Protection cloud website. I have checked out your link  and made a request to get a trial for the product.

Thanks

Sep 15, 2016 09:49 PM

After I read the statement, I judt simply feel that the intension of the product is for the companies that has limited IT resources, compnies want to protect themsleves like enterprise but leave all that to Symantec.

I think it fits more for the small and medium size companies as Symantec stated, some small companies do not really what is the difference between Could and internet, they sometimes have no choices, you install Office 365, you are Cloud 

Sep 15, 2016 05:23 PM

Making things more affordable for the  smaller businesses is always a good thing in my book! 

Sep 15, 2016 01:53 PM

Great news.  May have to run a trial/PoC in house.  Wouldn't mind revamping/replacing our on-prem SEP implementation. To the video I go!

Sep 15, 2016 11:43 AM

This is great for small to medium sized business who need something for protection but don't have the staffing to properly manage it. This is another great way to obtain a top of the line product.

Sep 15, 2016 11:09 AM

Are you using this link?

https://symbeta.symantec.com

Sep 15, 2016 11:04 AM

Great work, will help lots of small businesses that don't have the infrastructure available otherwise.

Sep 15, 2016 05:10 AM

180px_Capture_8.JPG

Sep 15, 2016 05:08 AM

Which link did you use as the link I have states clearly that trial is only available for US.

Sep 15, 2016 02:03 AM

Trial is available everywhere. Just sign-up, I am based in UAE and got the trial running yesterday.

Sep 14, 2016 08:04 PM

I'm also curious about out of band management. I'm not entirely sure if security is something that I would be willing to offshore but it is an interesting idea. As traditional desktops continue to morph into mobile-esque platforms, everyone seems to be pushing for easy rollout, low overhead and carefree maintenance. Maybe I'm holding onto old mentalities but I just don't know if I'm ready to hand over the keys.

Sep 14, 2016 02:18 PM

This is fantastic news and sure to benefit a lot of people greatly, awesome work.

Sep 14, 2016 01:05 PM

They are not the same products. SEP.cloud is geared towards SMB. SEP cloud is for enterprise. Just interesting choice on the naming convention.

Sep 14, 2016 12:34 PM

Hello,

Is Symantec Endpoint Protection Cloud and Symantec Endpoint Protection.cloud the same?? (Well...the naming convention looks the same as earlier version)

https://www.symantec.com/connect/downloads/symantec-endpoint-protectioncloud

(Article from year 2013)

It would have been worth if Symantec moved beyond US, since it's a long time.

Sep 14, 2016 11:39 AM

Not something that we can use now, as it's US only, but we can certainly keep an eye on it and see how it matures.

Sep 14, 2016 11:10 AM

it's brilliant to have this as cloud based,

Sep 14, 2016 02:52 AM

I think it's brilliant to have this as cloud based, but there is still one major issue to think about - internet connectivity. No matter how hard you try to keep a good connection uptime, you will have the issue of the line going down. Small business will not have the budget to have a backup line.

Once the Internet link goes down (or Symantec have issue with their internet connectivity), how are you meant to keep your network protected if you can't access the cloud to keep everything updated & protected? What if you need to download the latest defs?

So, this is something to be thought out and planned very carefully before going ahead with this.

Sep 14, 2016 01:56 AM

Its not available for trial in EMEA - only the US. Pity, as we are now moving into the cloud status.

Sep 13, 2016 04:10 PM

To have the MDM solution already built-in is quite nice. Enrolling devices are already pretty easy. So far I like what I see here.

Sep 13, 2016 04:06 PM

I, for one, am very excited to see these one-step policies that can be applied across multiple OS's.  

To have you guys, Symantec, working on cloud solutions that work across multiple OS's is a big feat.

Great job guys!

Sep 13, 2016 02:55 PM

Proof that:
Using Symantec is a no brainer...

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.