Endpoint Protection

View Only

How can we check which content SEP 12.1 clients are downloading from GUP? 

Apr 25, 2012 07:38 AM

You can find events regarding updates from the GUP by going to Monitors > Logs > Log type: System > Log content: Client activity > View log:

As shown in the screenshot, you can filter it by selecting appropriate event type (Client events) and Event source (SYLINK). You might then save the filter to do not have to configure it everytime.

You might click on Export at the top of the screen to get the results in CSV file, so you would then be able to edit it in Excel, to make a document that would fully match your needs.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Nov 16, 2017 10:49 AM

Hi John, this post is very useful. It salved me in 2017, 5 years youo posted it. Good job!

Jul 21, 2012 03:03 AM

You can actually see in the SEPM console which machine is downloading content from the GUP.

The screenshot I put here is a bit too large, but if you copy/paste it into mspaint, you will notice there are few more columns available on the right side of the console, including one showing downloading "Computer" name.

So finally, you can find in this table:

- Which machine A required content

- Which GUP was used by A

- Which file A downloaded from the GUP

Jul 20, 2012 06:19 PM

This is good in that it details which content is pulled from what source, but it omits identifying which machine is doing the downloading.

On the other hand, the 12.1 client now has an event log for Symantec Endpoint Protection Client. It will verify that a specific machine has pulled its content update from a GUP, but it doesn't identify which GUP.

May 08, 2012 12:35 AM

HI John,
Very useful info by you.thanks. Its useful to monitor GUP download contents..

May 07, 2012 05:55 PM

An SQL query that returns the same result can be found here: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/sql-querys-database#comment-7090721

May 07, 2012 05:16 AM

awesome :-) Thumbs up!

Apr 27, 2012 02:14 AM

Thanks for this info as from last two weeks I was working on the same to get this info.

Voted UP.yes

Apr 26, 2012 03:20 PM

Hello,

Voted. A Common Question which has been answered beautifully.

Apr 25, 2012 03:31 PM

Good tip.

When it comes to content troubleshooting I would recommend using the "System cube" in  IT-analytics. It gives the same data as the monitor, but presented much better.

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.