View Only

ServiceDesk - Process Automation - Rulesets 

May 03, 2018 01:58 PM

Table Of Contents

Admin | Process Automation | [Choose Service] | Service Dashboard

Manage Rulesets

Actions | Add Rule

Condition Groups : 
How groups are evaluated:  All groups must be met to satisfy o Any group satisfies 

"Add Group"

Actions: 
Disposition (on successful actions): o Continue o Stop 

"Add Action"

x Run next rule if any condition evaluation generates an error 
x Run next rule if any action execution generates an error 

There are a number of Actions you can take, one example is "Route Incident".

This can to be either a "Specific Service Queue" or using a "Routing Table"

---

Each of the Services have their own Ruleses and you can create your own with Custom Rulsets.

Each Service is further detailed on their own pages, this will list the Rulesets available to add Rules too.

If you want to learn more about the new Software Request Process Workflow check out my other Articles

Videos

Jason Short created a series of videos on ServiceDesk Configuration if you'd like to learn more.

ServiceDesk Configuration: Rulesets Overview
https://www.symantec.com/connect/videos/servicedesk-configuration-rulesets-overview

This video will provide a good overview of rulesets in ServiceDesk. The video covers the basic components of a rule, as well as, how to configure rules to work together as part of more complex logic.

If you prefer a written Article to a video see the transcription below:

There are 2 Ruleset Types.

• Process Events
    • OnIncidentReceived
  • Data Events
    • Comment added to ticket

Each Ruleset has 4 major components.

• Trigger
    • Process/Data Events that cause a rule to be ran
  • Evaluation
    • A rule does an Evaluation of specific data on that ticket
  • Action
    • It occurs if that Evaluation is met
      • Sending an email, setting a value on a ticket
  • Continuation Logic
    • Whether or not to rule the next rule

Click on Admin | Process Automation

Expand Incident Management and click on Service Dashboard.

There will be a list of Rulesets, which tell you what Type they are.

Process Events happen at a fixed point in time, OnIncidentReceived or OnTicketAssigned.

Expand one of these and click on the  Lightning bolt then  Add Rule.

Add Group -> Add Condition -> “Any“ -> +.

Add Action -> choose Action -> +.

There are some options in Advanced to continue certain rules.

Then you can Save.

Each rule overwrites data from the previous. Run the general rules first then the more specific so you can use the arrows to move it up the list.

ServiceDesk Customization: Send Incident to Workflow Ruleset Action
https://www.symantec.com/connect/videos/servicedesk-customization-send-incident-workflow-ruleset-action

Extra WF Projects have been created to help with Rulesets

ServiceDesk 7.5 Rulesets & E-mail template Import/Export project
https://www.symantec.com/connect/videos/servicedesk-75-rulesets-e-mail-template-importexport-project

Protirus.png

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Nov 08, 2018 02:27 PM

This is one of the reasons I started this series of Articles, just need to find the time to add more content. Or hopefully for others to share there’s too, a community effort.

The actions available to a Service should only be shown, so if you can add it, it should run correctly.

Order of rules depends on what you need to achieve.

Are you able to start a new forum question with a screenshot of the rule and the logs, would be easier to help on that.

Nov 08, 2018 01:13 PM

Hi Alex,

I was wondering if there is a document that thoroughly explains rulesets for change management.  I am currently standing up Change Management in my organization and I am receiving an error when attempting to Route Inbound Change Request - To Specific Group.  The error that I am receiving is:  A valid Process Manager group is required.  Unable to get the group by name XXXXXXX.  It would be nice if there was a document that describes error resolution, what Actions can be associated with a ruleset.  How they are applied.  A description of each Action.  What order things should be applied to the workflow, etc. etc.  All the documentation I have found only briefly talk about Rulesets nothing I have found takes a deep dive into the process.  HELP!

Thanks!

Jquaan

May 29, 2018 09:18 AM

The "Modify SLA" has a "Reset for Milestone" which should start it again based on the current SLA.

May 29, 2018 06:09 AM

Alex,

Quick question... I want to get the target response and resolution date/times to reset themselves and the SLA status to be recalculated if we change the SLA (i.e. decide that actually the original prioritisation is incorrect and a new one with different SLA should apply). I've never quite worked out how to do this.

Any pointers?

Thanks in advance

Hannah

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.