Symantec Management Platform (Notification Server)

View Only

Video: Altiris Task Server 

Jun 30, 2008 04:48 PM

This 20 minute video covers the basics that you need to see the full capabilities of Altiris Task Server. If you've been hesitating about switching to Task Server from Deployment Server this will help you get a taste for what is possible.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jul 19, 2008 09:28 AM

[quote=endo]Hi. Will the task server eventually take over for deployment server?
And what happens with licensing? We have started to use task server but do no have DS.[/quote]
In the available NS7 betas, task server can deploy images. Might want to take a look at the beta (beta.altiris.com) and give it a test run to see how task server integrates into NS
Jonathan Jesse
Director of Training
ITS Partners

Jul 02, 2008 05:13 PM

How do I define custom Task Types? for instance when you install BESR solution it adds a type called "Run BESR Backup Policy". I know can probably do whatever needed by creating a custom script for conquering whatever task I am after, but that is not as slick.

Jul 02, 2008 11:24 AM

Originally Altiris said this would not happen because so many people starting using Altiris because of DS.
However their stance has started shifting to where they want to get NS to do everything that DS can. Eventually they'll probably phase it out, but not as long as customers are still demanding to use it.
Screenbert

Jul 02, 2008 03:58 AM

Hi. Will the task server eventually take over for deployment server?
And what happens with licensing? We have started to use task server but do no have DS.

Jul 01, 2008 02:03 PM

I'd be happy to provide a download if juice hosted it or you have an FTP site I can send it to. Can you access youtube?
Screenbert

Jul 01, 2008 01:43 AM

Hello Screenbert,
can you post a downloadlink for it ?
Because activex is disabled in our FAB.
Best Regards and Thanks
rainy1

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.