Deployment Solution

View Only

HII Tools for Deployment Server 6.5 

Nov 22, 2006 10:15 AM

HIITools is a set of sample jobs and tools designed to make it easy to create and distribute Hardware Independent Images using Deployment Server.

This version is designed for use with Deployment Server v6.5. An updated version -- designed to work with DS v6.8 -- is now available.

Download and install HIITools.msi onto your Deployment Server, and then follow the steps in the quick start guide.

See HIITools.chm (included in HIITools.msi) for tips on using HIITools. If you are unable to read HIITools.chm, try viewing the file Properties and clicking Unblock.

The current version of HIITools is 2.2.5. To view the version you have installed, open Add or Remove Programs, select "Altiris Hardware Independent Imaging Tools", and choose "Click here for support information"

Subscribe to this article if you would like to receive updates.

If you have any comments or bugs to report, send an e-mail to hiitools@gmail.com.

License:AJSL
By clicking the download link below, you agree to the terms and conditions in the Altiris Juice Software License
Support:User-contributed tools on the Juice are not supported by Altiris Technical Support. If you have questions about a tool, please communicate directly with the author by visiting their profile page and clicking the 'contact' tab.

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
HIITools.zip   1.58 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Dec 19, 2007 01:10 PM

I have not been developing the HII Tools for Deployment Server 6.5. If at all possible, I higly recommend that you upgrade to Deployment Server 6.8 SP2 and use the latest version of HII Tools. You can get the latest version at http://juice.altiris.com/node/2883
Are you able to upgrade to 6.8 SP2?

Dec 11, 2007 04:25 PM

The B_35130 folder is most likley created by the winghost driver capture program.
Soultion:
copy all of the driver files into the folder.
So copy HII\WINXP\Drivers\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B72&SUBSYS_0F031002
into
HII\WINXP\Drivers\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B72&SUBSYS_0F031002\B_35130
Reason:
The winghost program creates an inf file telling windows where to look for the driver. The inf file contains entries telling windows to look into B_*somenumber* folder.

Aug 23, 2007 03:42 AM

You Require Deployment SOlution 6.5 to be installed before using this tool its a pre requisite for this tool
Thanks
Venkat

Jun 15, 2007 10:50 AM

When deploying i get error 1 during script"
.\HII\DriverPrep.exe .\Temp\%ID%.pmq .\HII\WINXP .\Temp\%ID% > .\HII\Logs\DriverPrep-%ID%.log
HELP ME PLEASE

May 25, 2007 11:01 AM

[quote=randall]Hi, I am trying to get HII to work but keep running into problems when I deploy the image. I'm just using the default scripts according to the info in the 9 step HII Tools help file. I deploy the distribute image job, it downloads the image but then when it attempts to run the script that "Prepares drivers for destination computer according to the hardware profile" it bombs out and then stops. Then in the console I get the "error 1 during script execution" error message.[/quote]
Can anyone help me with this, I'm also getting the problem? Here is the exact script im using:
.\HII\DriverPrep.exe .\Temp\%ID%.pmq .\HII\WINXP .\Temp\%ID% > .\HII\Logs\DriverPrep-%ID%.log

Apr 26, 2007 12:40 PM

Hi,
I just downloaded the package and it doesn't install. It says I need Deployment Server 6.5 SP1 which I have currently installed. What's wrong?
Thanks,
Rob

Mar 08, 2007 09:24 PM

Hi, I'm just wondering if you got the script for the "Preparing drivers" to work as I am receiving Error 1 and or Error 3.

Feb 08, 2007 09:51 AM

Hi, I am trying to get HII to work but keep running into problems when I deploy the image. I'm just using the default scripts according to the info in the 9 step HII Tools help file. I deploy the distribute image job, it downloads the image but then when it attempts to run the script that "Prepares drivers for destination computer according to the hardware profile" it bombs out and then stops. Then in the console I get the "error 1 during script execution" error message.

Dec 07, 2006 06:25 PM

We found the problem is related to drivers which are creating subdirectories. For example: Under
HII\WINXP\Drivers\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5B72&SUBSYS_0F031002

we have a subdirectory called B_35130
When the image is loaded, and the drivers are installed, it fails to install this drive due to the subdirectory. I was told to find a driver for the device that does not use the subdirectory, but we have not been able to get it working after trying several different drivers.
Anyone else experience this problem?
Thanks,
Kevin

Dec 05, 2006 05:10 PM

There are two locations to modify the Driver's Path.
1. In the sysprep.inf file, OemPnPDriversPath.
You can modify the default file, but remember that it will be replaced during an upgrade or install of DS. The Default sysprep.inf files are named standardxp.inf, or standard2000.inf.
2. In the registry,
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath.

Dec 04, 2006 05:27 PM

Hello all,
We are still running DS6.5 SP1 and everything seems to be working properly using the HIITools, but the drivers simply do not install.
The drivers are all copied to the C:\drv (and subdirectoried) and the DevicePath in the registry is pointing to them, but after loading the image on a computer, the drivers are not getting installed.
Anyone have any ideas, pointers, etc....
Thanks,
Kevin

Dec 04, 2006 02:00 PM

I have posted a new version of the DriverCollect tool that will be included in HIITools for Deployment Server 6.8.
Please test it and let me know if you can find any bugs in it.

Nov 22, 2006 11:37 AM

I am now working on a version of HII Tools for Deployment Server 6.8. Check back in a week or two for an update, or e-mail me at hiitools@gmail.com to recieve an e-mail when it is available.

Sep 20, 2006 11:44 AM

Hello,
When will this be available for DS 6.8?
The current installer is looking for DS 6.5 SP1 specifically. The tools work great under 6.5 need them for 6.8.
Thanks.

Sep 20, 2006 05:21 AM

I have the same big task to deploy a big amount of images.
Please post here all experiences or suggestions.
Thanks

Sep 19, 2006 03:23 AM

We use HII Tools at our company, we're currently in testing and we're aiming at migrating/deploying XP to ~15000 clients. If someone bumps into some problem when using HII Tools I'd be glad to assist. :)
jim.bergqvist@ica.se

Sep 06, 2006 11:45 AM

What are you doing different than the Altiris Hardware Independent Image tools that integrate with Deployment Server?
I have found that the Altiris solution works very well and also is supported.
Also Altirinsic Solutions has a hardware independent imaging solution as well which looks to be a nice tie in.
www.altrinsicsolutions.com
James "Scott" Hardie
Vice President of Technology Services
shardie@xcendgroup.com
http://www.xcendgroup.com

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.