Client Management Suite

View Only

Template "Wrapper" Script for Software Delivery 

Feb 17, 2010 01:22 PM

There have been several forum threads where various Altiris Admins would like to "wrap" an installation in a more user-friendly package, either to add additional user prompting, execute other scripts, stop services, terminate various processes, etc.  Well I thought I had posted this before, but I can't find it now.  So here it is, a template VBScript you can customize for your package.  I defined some "dummy" command lines that should work for many .exe-based and .msi-based installs.  The addition of extra code to terminate running programs or make other tweaks are an exercise left to the reader.  To use this, customize the .vbs file, and save it with the other source files for your package.  In the Altiris package, on the Programs tab, set the program to be wscript.exe "My_Program_Installer.vbs".

Yes, there is a lot you can do along these same lines with MSI packaging and Custom Actions, but this I think is a bit more "entry level" and easier to modify as needed (nothing against our fine WISE experts out there! :) ).

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
zip file
Template_Wrapper_Script.zip   1 KB   1 version
Uploaded - Feb 25, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.