Advanced Threat Protection

View Only

Symantec Recognized in CRN’s 2016 Products of the Year Awards 

Dec 08, 2016 10:36 AM

CRN_POTY_Finalist_0.jpeg

At Symantec, we work hard to deliver innovative products that enable our customers to always stay one step ahead of attackers. We’re honored to share that CRN, a brand of The Channel Company, has recognized us for our innovation by naming Symantec Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) and Blue Coat Security Platform finalists in the 2016 Product of the Year Awards for endpoint security and cloud and application security, respectively. Symantec ATP was also named a finalist in the publication’s 2016 Tech Innovator Awards.

In 2015, 35 percent of targeted attacks were launched against large companies (2,500+ employees) and 65 percent against small-and-medium-sized organizations. As cyber threats continue to evolve, yesterday’s methods of security are ill-equipped to keep up, putting organizations of all sizes and in all geographies at risk.

Symantec Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)

Symantec ATP provides the first unified platform that uncovers, prioritizes, investigates, and remediates advanced threats across endpoints, networks, email and roaming, all from a single console.

Symantec ATP uncovers stealthy threats that others miss by leveraging one of the world’s largest civilian threat intelligence networks combined with local customer context. Incident responders are notified as soon as an organization has been identified as a target of an active attack campaign and provides customers with granular attack details allowing them to remediate all instances of threats in minutes. It is the first solution in the market that can detect, prioritize, and remediate advanced threats across multiple control points, through a single console with no new endpoint agent to deploy.

Blue Coat Security Platform

The Blue Coat Security Platform unites the network, security and the cloud capabilities to provide maximum protection for organizations’ complete computing environment – while minimizing impact on network performance and enabling them to fully embrace cloud applications and services.

The Blue Coat Security Platform helps organizations manage the complexities of several massive shifts taking place in their computing landscape such as evolving networks, migration to the cloud and the endpoint revolution. This integrated security platform addresses these evolving network + security + cloud requirements.

Symantec ATP and Blue Coat Security Platform were subject to vast evaluation criteria. CRN evaluated a number of vendors, selecting the top five finalists across 17 different categories. Solution providers’ partners were then surveyed and asked to rate those finalists to determine the winner. The survey garnered over 5,000 responses, with solution providers considering a number of factors in determining their ratings, including product quality and reliability, technical innovation, ease of integration, potential to drive revenue, and fulfillment of market and customer demands.

To be recognized as the winner demonstrates our commitment to continuous innovation that addresses customer needs as enterprise security becomes more complex due to ever evolving threats.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 12, 2017 01:46 PM

ATP is a great endpoint protect piece. With Bluecoat being under the symantec umbrella we can expect some awesome results that will help the two technologies mesh together in a more seamless approach. Looking to get SEP into my organization to provide some real protection.

Jan 12, 2017 10:02 AM

Well done Symantec. Even with all the changes you've had going on it's good to see you recognised in this way. Keep on pushing out the innovative products and ideas.

Jan 12, 2017 03:24 AM

Well done for being recognised and gaining the awards, some fantastic products have been released this year. Keep up the good work.

Jan 09, 2017 05:46 AM

That's the Great Achievement and it was expected, the way Symantec is making the progress towards the innovations and acquisitions. Symantec has always been the leader when it comes to Cyber and Endpoint Security.

Keep It Up & Congrats......

Jan 09, 2017 04:20 AM

Glad to hear the new achievement. Its privilege to work on Symantec products and getting identified as Symantec product expert. Hope Symantec will go far in the same direction and cross each prestigious mile stone. They would remain workd TOP Cyber Security product and service provider with innovation and latest technology. All the best to Symantec.

Jan 08, 2017 08:54 PM

A great achievement for Symantec and a well deserved recognition of the thought and effort that goes into your products!
Our company reaps the benefits of these products and that effort from you is it unnoticed!

Jan 05, 2017 02:32 AM

Congruatulations to Symantec !!!

This is not something new to Symantec as they have experienced a lot of recognition and awards globally. But what is interesting here is that its continuous leadership through innovation is making this happen. I wish Symantec all the best and hope for more solid technology to come forward.

Dec 30, 2016 10:19 AM

Congratulations for winning the award. Though, I must say I'm not always happy that Blue-Coat blocks some of my favorite sites on my company's network :) JK of course. On a more serios note, I am pretty sure that ATP is doing a good job because in the last 6 years I've worked in two different companies that use SEP (among other products) for that kind of protection and I don't remember a single serious incident.

Dec 27, 2016 11:18 AM

Es importante otra recompensa para Symantec, se toma muy en serio todo lo que se refiere en el mundo de seguridad cibernética,hay grandes, pequeños, nuevos y viejos productos de seguridad bastante similares, los de symantec han demostrado ser mucho mas eficientes, esto es el premio al trabajo realizado por todos los colaboradores de symantec.

Dec 21, 2016 01:29 PM

Congrats on the achievement.. 

Appreciate the hard work.

Dec 21, 2016 11:39 AM

This is yet another notch on your belt.  Great job!  I've seen so many changes in the last 12 months and I can only image the hard work that has gone into this new and improved Symantec!

Dec 21, 2016 09:19 AM

Congrats, it just shows if you lead by example and produce great products you will be recognised.

Looking forward to what next year has to offer.

If it is much like the tail end of this year it will be a very exciting time.

Dec 20, 2016 03:43 PM

Congratulations! I hope you're all proud of yourselves, too. Can't wait to see what you all have in store for 2017 :)

Dec 20, 2016 09:37 AM

Super excited to see what is happening at the end of 2016 w/ Symantec and super excited for what will happen in 2017 as Symantec and BlueCoat contineu to integrate and spin out new products via R&D and other aquisitions.  Let's do it

Dec 19, 2016 06:53 PM

En definitiva un gran año para Symantec, pero lo mejor esta por venir, ATP cada vez mas se abre paso entre los clientes de SEP obteniendo una solucion mas robusta.  La integracion de Bluecoat abre un nuevo escenario para todos nuestros clientes.

Dec 19, 2016 05:54 PM

Good deal, I am not suprised that Symantec made the charts in CRN's report.

Innovation is key in a quick changing market.  Adaptation to all the changes that are happening is what keeps Symantecat the top of its game.

Appreciate the hard work.

Clay

Dec 19, 2016 01:47 PM

Suprise....

Symantec is recognised for CRN's Product of the Year!!!!

What did you expect?

When it comes to security, SEP 14 and Blue Coat - how could you not win?

Congratulations for your hard work and great products!

Dec 17, 2016 08:15 PM

Glad to know another reward Symantec receive, I will not be surprised, Symantec, keep on going, it is chanllenge in the cyber security world today, especialy there are many large, small, new and old security produce quite similar products.getting your product works more sufficient than others is not easy, this is not just the hard work of the engineer and developers, but also the intelligence of them.  

Dec 17, 2016 03:57 PM

Symantec is a great company and has a great product portfolio. There is no reason why they shouldnt be recognized.

Dec 16, 2016 02:17 PM

Congratulations Symantec. This is the well-deserved awards!!!

We have ATP installed and works great. I am excited with Symantec’s progress in the last couple of months.

Dec 16, 2016 11:56 AM

Many congratulations to Symantec and keep leading in the information security. Do more and more research and provide robust security solutions. Well done . Even I am associated with Symantec since last 5 years and till I think Symantec leading in the market 

Dec 16, 2016 09:17 AM

Congrats on the achievement. We've got ATP up and running and so far it is great. I'm looking forward to the Bluecoat piece being intergrated as well.

Dec 16, 2016 09:08 AM

Congrats @Symantec!

I'm not surprised that you guys were recognized!  With the innovations that you guys have put out lately, you deserve it!  Keep on innovating!

Dec 16, 2016 08:59 AM

Nice to see that Symantic have been recognised by the CRN. Hopefully carry this over to 2017 for more awards! Thanks, another good article by Symantec.

Dec 16, 2016 06:45 AM

With the amount of change and upheaval there has been in recent years, it's good to see Symantec recognized in this way. Certainly among good company in the Awards list.

Dec 16, 2016 03:10 AM

With the products & features you're offering to help us to protect our network, you do deserve this award! :)

Congrats to all involved to win this award! Onto 2017 to win even more awards! ;D

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.