Workflow and ServiceDesk Community

View Only

How to restore all default and custom (shared) schedules for ITMS 

Mar 02, 2018 05:44 AM

How to restore all default and custom (shared) schedules for ITMS

Case:

Somehow your shared and custom schedules were removed from Task Scheduler Library on ITMS machine even NS.Weekly schedule, and this causes all main functionality become stopped, such as Package Refresh, Delta Update Membership, etc. (Altiris Services, SMP Console will continue to work!)

When such case appears, this can be visible from Symantec Management Console on Shared Schedules page

Solution:

In case if you have lost default or custom (shared) or custom schedule(s) on ITMS machine, you can restore all of them, just open Symantec Management  Console ⇒ Settings ⇒ Notification ServerShared Schedules ⇒ click there on Weekly shared schedule ⇒ Edit ⇒click OK

Now "NS.Weekly.{ab7141ed-e03a-48e5-9051-a71b5912b7f2}" shared schedule is restored and available in Task Scheduler Library on ITMS machine. Mouse right click on NS.Weekly schedule and run it manually.

NS.Weekly scheduled task will restore all other default and custom schedules which are in your Symantec_CMDB database.

Now you have restored schedules and main functionality of ITMS will continue to work

Notes:

1. This solution works for 8.0.x 8.1.x ITMS versions (Should work for 7.6.x as well)
  2. "NS.Weekly" schedule will doesn't restore any schedule(s) which were deleted from SMP Console and these schedules aren't available in Symantec_CMDB database. Solution restores only all currently available schedules in Symantec_CMDB database.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Aug 22, 2018 03:41 AM

Hi IP,

Sorry for the delay. Still working on the issue. I will let you know the findings.

Thank you

Aug 13, 2018 04:16 AM

Open Altiris Log Viewer and enable there traces/verbose logging level -> reproduce your case and check log output, assume that there should appear message about missed permission(s).

Aug 09, 2018 05:23 AM

Hi IP,

No error message in the log viewer,

Aug 09, 2018 12:12 AM

Hi ssv1984!

Its not clear to understand what exactly is wrong on your side with custom shared schedule creation. On my side this works fine for ITMS 8.1 RU7 released build, when creating a shared schedule from SMP Console on Shared Schedule page.

Any errors in NS log, in SMP Console, when you get this issue?

Thanks,

IP.

Aug 08, 2018 11:03 AM

Hi Igor,

Nice, thanks for the update. 

I have a situation where I am in 8.1 RU7 and I am not able to create an shared schedule. Even App ID didnt help, facing the same. will this step help to get the option back in creating.

Your response is greratly appreciated

Thanks and Regards,

Siva

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.