Workflow Soluiton

View Only

How to Localize Custom Workflow Web Forms 

Aug 19, 2015 04:28 PM

This procedure consists of several steps, the first part needs to be done in Workflow Desginer, second part is on SMP side. In my example I am defining translation to German language. As I’m not a German speaker, all the example translation is done with the help of Google translate, so please do not judge very strictly. 

Steps for Workflow Designer:

1. In Workflow Designer go to Tools > Edit Preferences. Scroll down and find Localization

EnabledStringsTable.jpg

2. Enable String Table and restart server extensions to apply changes. 

3. Next time when you open your project, Strings tab will be available. Also note down the Translation ID as it will be used later on in the Strings config files.

StringsTab.jpg

This is where Strings variables are defined and later on used in the components configuration.

4. In my example I will use Ascii Merge label component as it’s configurable with a variable versus the regular label component and also localazing text on my button component. The text on the button component doesn't need to be added as a string variable in the Strings tab.

StringVariable_AsciIMergelabel.jpg

5. Now we need to register strings for translation which will be sent over to SMP. Go to Plugins menu and select Export Translations Strings Plugin. 

ExportTranslationStrings.jpg

6. All Strings will be appearing with New status. Click Submit For Translation button so their status will change to Registered.

RegisteredStrings.jpg

You may need to reload the project to display the changes in status as well. Then go ahead and publish the project.

Now we need to do some work on SMP side:

1. In the folder <SMP install drive>:\Program Files\Altiris\WorkflowLP\Config we need to create a config file for our web form project. In my example I name it TestTemplate_ItemStrings.config

StringsConfig.jpg

The example XML for this config is containing Translation ID of the Workflow project as a baseGuid.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<strings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<string baseGuid="349a6f3c-4024-11e5-9d1e-005056b62da9" stringRef="EnterYourTextHere" culture="" string="Enter Your Text Here" />
<string baseGuid="349a6f3c-4024-11e5-9d1e-005056b62da9" stringRef="Submit" culture="" string="Submit" />
</strings>

2. Also the config file needs to be created in each language folder, in our case <SMP install drive>:\Program Files\Altiris\WorkflowLP\Config\de folder. Example of the content for specific language culture is below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<strings xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
<string baseGuid="349a6f3c-4024-11e5-9d1e-005056b62da9" stringRef="EnterYourTextHere" culture="de" string="Geben Sie Ihren Text hier" />
<string baseGuid="349a6f3c-4024-11e5-9d1e-005056b62da9" stringRef="Submit" culture="de" string="Einreichen" />
</strings>

3. Now we need to list these custom config files in WorkflowLanguages.config

WorkflowLanguagesConfig.jpg

4. Now that the config file is updated, we need to run aexconfig /configure “<drive>:\Program Files\Altiris\WorkflowLP\Config\WorkflowLanguages.config”

5. When aexconfig execution is completed, run iisreset on SMP server.

If we look into String table in CMDB database, we will see now that our German translations are registered here as well.

StringsCMDB.jpg

The final step is to open the web form in the browser with language set to German (de) and see the text translated as per our configuration.

LocalizedFormResult_0.jpg

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Sep 25, 2015 02:03 AM

Thanks for a great article!

However, I do not have a SMP, only Workflow. Is it possible to get translation anyway?

Thanks

Robert

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.