ServiceDesk

View Only

Add Email Routines to Indent Management Survey for ServiceDesk 7.5 SP1 

Dec 08, 2014 03:07 PM

Out of the box, ServiceDesk did not provide me the ability to create a link with the email rulesets that took the end-user directly to the IM survey task.  I decided that it was best to go back to the way I did it in 7.1 and include it in the workflow.  I've had a couple of people ask about this and figured I'd upload the customized workflow to avoid some confusion.

1. Download the attached workflow and copy it to the server.
  2. Double-click the package file to open it in Workflow Manager.
  3. Once the workflow has been extracted and is open in Workflow Manager, double-click on the Customer Responds to Survey dialog component.

SurveyDialogComp.png

4. Click the Event Configuration tab and click the elipsis (...) button to the left of the Start Process field at the top.
  5. Search for the Send Email component and drag it in-between the Start and End components.

SurveySendEmail.png

6. Double-click on the Send Email component and change the following fields on the Email Contents tab to match the screenshot below:

SurveyEmailProps.png

7. For the Html Content field, click the elipsis (...) button and click the Source button at the bottom.  Delete all of the text and paste the following text:

<OBJECTSTORAGECONTAINER xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" 
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"><SERIALIZATIONVERSIONNUMBER><HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
    <BODY>
    <P>
    <TABLE 
    style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 6px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; PADDING-LEFT: 6px; PADDING-RIGHT: 6px; PADDING-TOP: 6px" 
    cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%">
      <TBODY width="100%">
      <TR vAlign=top width="100%">
        <TD style="PADDING-LEFT: 10px" noWrap>
          <P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px"><SPAN 
          style="COLOR: #f7fbff; FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><SPAN 
          style="COLOR: #000063; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">&nbsp;</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN 
          style="COLOR: #f7fbff; FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><STRONG><SPAN 
          style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt">Service Desk<BR></SPAN></STRONG></SPAN><SPAN 
          style="COLOR: #f7fbff; FONT-SIZE: 16pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">&nbsp;Incident 
          Closed</SPAN></P></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>
    <DIV class=body><BR>Incident:&nbsp;<A id=92d26d5d-e35e-467c-bdb0-39fb4417dadb 
    contentEditable=true href="mergefield://92d26d5d-e35e-467c-bdb0-39fb4417dadb/" 
    atomicselection="true" unselectable="off">Incident.ProcessId</A> has been 
    closed.<BR><BR>Incident Contact: <A id=5bafc0a4-6a11-4b36-936c-4baf43c68a14 
    contentEditable=true href="mergefield://5bafc0a4-6a11-4b36-936c-4baf43c68a14/" 
    atomicselection="true" unselectable="off">Incident.AffectedUser</A></DIV>
    <DIV class=body><BR>Incident Name: <A id=ccd790b2-7811-45f6-a393-9815e1132225 
    contentEditable=true href="mergefield://ccd790b2-7811-45f6-a393-9815e1132225/" 
    atomicselection="true" unselectable="off">Incident.IncidentName</A></DIV>
    <DIV class=body><BR>Incident Description: <A 
    id=c911b663-a5e6-46b1-b521-ec0a783de1dd contentEditable=true 
    href="mergefield://c911b663-a5e6-46b1-b521-ec0a783de1dd/" atomicselection="true" 
    unselectable="off">Incident.IncidentDescription</A></DIV>
    <DIV class=body>&nbsp;</DIV>
    <DIV class=body>Your incident has been closed.&nbsp; Please click the link below 
    to provide your feedback.</DIV>
    <DIV class=body><A id=f60d56af-158d-457c-9a99-4a75d1013772 contentEditable=true 
    href="mergefield://f60d56af-158d-457c-9a99-4a75d1013772/" atomicselection="true" 
    unselectable="off">ProcessViewerPageURL</A></DIV>
    <DIV class=body><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: SymantecSerif-Bold"><SPAN 
    style="FONT-FAMILY: SymantecSerif-Bold"><SPAN 
    style="COLOR: #c0c0c0; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">Please do not remove the code 
    below.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN></DIV>
    <P style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" class=body><SPAN 
    style="COLOR: #c0c0c0; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">{IID=</SPAN><SPAN 
    style="FONT-FAMILY: SymantecSerif-Bold; COLOR: #c0c0c0; FONT-SIZE: 8pt"><A 
    id=a5144b3a-5a33-4652-9aba-4764b40fd124 contentEditable=true 
    href="mergefield://a5144b3a-5a33-4652-9aba-4764b40fd124/" atomicselection="true" 
    unselectable="off">workflowTrackingId</A>}</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN 
    style="FONT-FAMILY: SymantecSerif-Bold"></SPAN></SPAN></P></SPAN></SPAN></BODY></HTML>

8. Click OK.  Click the elipsis (...) button again for the Html Content field and you will now see the following:

SurveyEmailBody.png

9. Customize this to your liking.  You can remove the black bar if you'd like.  Just be sure to keep the text in tact that is outlined above in red.  This text is for the link that takes the end-user to the survey task and for email monitoring.
  10. Click the Email Settings tab and change the following fields to match the screenshot below:

SurveyEmailProps2.png

11. Click OK until you get back to the main workflow window.
  12. Publish the workflow to your ServiceDesk server.

Hope this helps!

Statistics
0 Favorited
1 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads
Attachment(s)
package file
SD.CustomerSurvey.package   1.92 MB   1 version
Uploaded - Mar 11, 2020

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Feb 09, 2015 01:34 PM

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the delay. Using  the ResponsePageURL worked.

Thank you,

Ciscoman

Jan 27, 2015 12:13 PM

Open the Send Email component and modify the HTML body.  Try changing the ProcessViewerPageURL with ResponsePageURL.  To do so, change the dropdown from String to Variable Web Link.  Then find ResponsePageURL and drag it to the body.  Now when you select the variable in the body, it should allow you to change the Link Text to "Take Survey".

If I remember correctly, I was looking for a way to achieve this when we first rolled out 7.5 and I had issues getting this to work which is why I ultimately went with how it's currently set.  Try it and see if works.

Jan 27, 2015 11:53 AM

Hi Justin,

Instead of clicking the link that takes the user first to the cusomter survey task and then to click on the task to open the customer survery form.Is there a way to create a link that will take the user direclty to the customer survery form.

Regards

Ciscoman

Dec 23, 2014 01:57 PM

Hi Justin

Great job! It's a Great email sending method and works great! Was done by an external flow that was called by a rules but replaces leaving similar to your article.

What I would do the most is to insert a exception in the event configuration to address any problems.

Regards,

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.