Ghost Solution Suite

View Only

dell perc H965 controller raid1 nvme drives ghost issue

DAMIAN GRYGLAK's profile image
DAMIAN GRYGLAK posted Dec 02, 2023 02:09 AM

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating GSS and am running into an issue while trying to create an image of a freshly installed windows server 2022 and am getting error messages.  For example: 'error finding resident volume info attribute in FILE_VOLUME MFT record "(480)" ' 

I can see the disk, partitions, volumes listed using diskpart while booted into WinPE.  Chkdsk runs clean. I can access data on the disk thru the command line window while in winPE without issues. System boots normally as well.

I'm also unable to deploy any image and get the same errors.  This is a Dell R7625 server with PERC H965i Front (Embedded) controller and two Dell DC NVMe PE8010 RI U.2 960GB drives in RAID1 configuration.  I'm using latest controller driver 8.04.05.00.  Not sure if it matters but it states in iDRAC that it uses NVMe 1.3 device protocol under the drive info.

So, I guess I'm trying to find out if I just need a newer version of Ghost or do I need to change something in the configuration to be able to image this server. 

WinPE ver. 10.0.19041.1 (2004)

Ghost 12.0.0.11499

set to UEFI boot

Incidentally older hardware works flawless...

Any help greatly appreciated!