Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Monitoring of AI usage

Posted May 23, 2023 05:42 PM

Hello,

I am attempting to find an effective way to monitor and capture relevant information for generative AI platforms, using DLP endpoint. In my testing and based on my understanding of what fields are available for specific protocols, I am unable to get a "good match". I can see data when monitoring the http/s protocols, but it brings in bunch of other data that makes it hard to make sense of it (input/output). Additionally, using paste channel (ideal method), it does not capture the URL which the content was pasted to (just application window title) nor does it allow you to restrict the policy to URLs. 

Regards
    Brendon

• 2.  RE: Monitoring of AI usage

Posted Jul 18, 2023 12:36 PM

It can be difficult to monitor and capture relevant information for generative AI platforms using Symantec DLP endpoint. The HTTP/S protocols can bring in a lot of other data, and the paste channel does not capture the URL that the content was pasted to.

Here are a few suggestions that might help you get a "good match" when monitoring and capturing relevant information for generative AI platforms using Symantec DLP endpoint:

• Use the "Content Filtering" rule type. This rule type allows you to specify specific keywords or patterns that you want to match. This can help you to filter out the unwanted data and focus on the data that is relevant to your generative AI platforms.
    • Use the "URL Filtering" rule type. This rule type allows you to specify specific URLs that you want to match. This can help you to ensure that only the data that is being pasted to the specified URLs is captured.
    • Use the "Application Filtering" rule type. This rule type allows you to specify specific applications that you want to monitor. This can help you to ensure that only the data that is being pasted to the specified applications is captured.

In addition to these suggestions, you may also want to consider using the "Advanced" rule type. This rule type allows you to specify more complex criteria for matching data. This can be helpful if you need to match data that is not easily identifiable by keywords or patterns.

I hope these suggestions help!