Management Center and Reporting

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Management Center 3.3.2.x does not have the flexibility of specifying multiple OU's (Reporter Integration to the Management Center)

• 1.  Management Center 3.3.2.x does not have the flexibility of specifying multiple OU's (Reporter Integration to the Management Center)

Posted Feb 15, 2023 10:08 AM

Hi there,

Due to the upcoming upgrade of the Reporter to version 11.1.x which does not support the GUI/Management Console, the Reporter can only be managed through the Management Center.

We are planning to grant our users access to the Reporter from the Management Center. However, we are having challenges to bind multiple OU within the LDAP setting of the Management Center as we used to do in the Reporter GUI.

Here is the setting in the Management Center

We couldn't find a way to add more LDAP server or more DN through the Management Center setting, we would like to have the same LDAP function in Manager like in reporter, to specify multiple OU like in to the reporter.

We are running Management Center version 3.3.2.1 and we have been told by Broadcom tech support that Management Center 3.3.2.x does not have the flexibility of specifying multiple OU's, and we could submit a feature request so that this feature can be added.

Any help on who to contact to submit such feature request ?

• 2.  RE: Management Center 3.3.2.x does not have the flexibility of specifying multiple OU's (Reporter Integration to the Management Center)

Posted Feb 24, 2023 08:38 AM

Serge,

Do you have an Account Manager assigned to your business that you can reach out to?  They could facilitate getting the Feature Request you are looking for created.

My other inquiry would be is if you could include the groups in a single OU to be used by reporter, while I realize you have multiple OU to cover, is it possible to create a new OU you can use specific to Reporter in your LDAP server?  

From a Best Practices scenario, I would think you would not want to come in here and make multiple edits if OU's were to alter or change (or no longer need access to Reporter).

Only other option I could think of that does not require changes to LDAP would be Certificate based authentication to Management Center, where components of the certificate presented could be used to verify/authenticate the user's identity, but if you do not have experience with that it may be a higher learning curve to address.

------------------------------
    Providing you Premier Partner support via Accredited Training, Professional Services, Consulting Services, Partner support for products with full staff of Broadcom Knights.
    Looking for support and want the top versed individuals to assist you? Email sales@braxtongrant.com and let's start a conversation on how we can make you successful. Award Winning North America Symantec Knight Partner of the Year for 2021.
    ~~##Groundbreaking Expert Advantage Partner using CA Automic Automation for Automated Policy Rule Implementation with BSG Symantec Products! Visit https://braxtongrant.com/solutions/automation/ or ask me how to get your demo with us on this One Of A Kind Integration!##~~
    ------------------------------