Management Center and Reporting

View Only
  • 1.  Error on Upgrade, ErrorCode : -14118, Image download is denied

Posted Dec 19, 2023 02:02 PM

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade a very very old MC virtual appliance running on ESX. According to the release notes you could skip every second release. But that theory turned out to be flawed.

We started at version 2.0.1.1 made it to 2.2.1.1 and are now on 2.2.2.4. But at this point we seem to be stuck. I've tried EVERY available version after that. But none of the images will load. After 100% loading we get an error like:

bccm_2_2-6-x86_64(config-installed-systems)# load https://downloadsapi.broadcom.com/utils/abc/123/bccm_2_3-240324.bcsi
    %  failed
    %  ErrorCode : -14118
    %  ErrorMessage : Image download is denied

We've had that on 2.2.1.1 as well but found an image after a while, that would be accepted > 2.2.2.4

Now at  2.2.2.4  I haven't found a single image, that would work:

x 2.4.1.1
                        x 2.3.3.1
                        x 2.3.2.1
                        x 2.3.1.1
                        x 2.4.3.1
                        x 3.3.4.1
                        x 3.0.1.1
                        x 2.4.1.2
                        x 3.1.1.1
                        x 2.4.2.1

What does that error message actually mean exactly?

Unless someone has a workaround I think we just scrap the old MC and install a new one from scratch using the latest version...

Thank you very much and kind regards,

Gunnar

• 2.  RE: Error on Upgrade, ErrorCode : -14118, Image download is denied

Posted Dec 20, 2023 03:10 AM

Hello

To be honest I no longer use the online mode except for licensing.... See below :

For online mode :

• To dowload an image on broadcom you would need your IDs to be valid. Of course they are as you managed to download the old one but sometimes for broadcom solution you will need to manually renew the IDs (meaning just retrieve the licence again for instance). Did you try to download anything else in online mode from management center ?
      • If yes and it does work then next step is to go directly on Broadcom dashboard the download and check the "shopping cart" if there is anything inside. If there is then make it empty and try again.
      • If no then set the online IDs again.
    • Next if even after doing all above it does not change anything then we could exclude "Broadcom" being the issue. How do you authenticate on management center ? Via a Radius/tacacs account or local admin ? If it is the earlier then please the local admin. Before you say that the right are exactly the same that the local account please try anyway it will take 2min at most :) (got issue in the past with remote auth in the past....)
      • Finally from this account in ssh please try to download again the image

If after all that you still cannot do anything the how about installing the image in offline mode ? You could just download the image on a "stepping stone" or workstation then upload it via the WebUI ?

I think we just scrap the old MC and install a new one from scratch using the latest version

Indeed it would be the best for "old" thing I always do that :) just do not forget to take a snapshot/backup just in case you forgot something when doing a factory reset and need a rollback solution ;)

Best regards,

Furil

• 3.  RE: Error on Upgrade, ErrorCode : -14118, Image download is denied

Posted Jan 05, 2024 07:59 AM
    Edited by Gunnar Hahlweg Jan 05, 2024 09:05 AM

Hi, thanks for your reply. At the beginning we actually attempted the upgrades with a locally downloaded files - first put them on the MC itself, later on a separate local web server, because we didn't know if loading the image from MC could be the issue.
    But later, when one image after another failed to install, we didn't bother to download them anymore and just used the direct broadcom.com url.

Since there was no way out - we tried all! available images - we've had to set up a new MC from scratch using the latest version. The onboarding of the devices, re-creating the configuration, migrating policy objects etc. took a while but was successful in the end.

Thanks again,

Gunnar