Asset Management Suite

View Only

ITMS 7.1 Beta Now Closed 

Dec 14, 2010 12:08 AM

Thank you to everyone who participated in the ITMS 7.1 Beta. We appreciate your interest in our products! This forum will no longer be monitored by our beta team, but will remain available for your use.

If you have any feedback for us regarding the beta, or the Connect portal, please respond to this message.

Again, Thank you for your time!

Susan Keller
Endpoint Management Beta
altirisbeta@symantec.com

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

Jan 12, 2011 02:02 PM

When attempting to add a software license purchase to a managed piece of software the purchase cost field does not accept decimal points or 0's...

Dec 16, 2010 04:12 PM

I have seen numerous GUI issues where it's impossible or nearly impossible to use a given section.  By far the worst so far is attempting to add license keys via settings | deployment | OS licenses.  Once I get to the OS License window, I click Add... I try to click the drop-down to choose the right version/edition of windows... But which version of windows am i choosing??? (see screenshot below)

Other times there is no scroll bar when one is needed, and my screen isn't big enough to try and resize the sub-window, even if i hit F11 to put my browser into full screen mode.  I have a nice big monitor at work, but at i'm not always at my desk, and sometimes have to use a 1024x768 screen, or the native 13??x768 screen on my laptop.  Sometimes fields are not long enough to see the data being presented even though the sub-window being opened is plenty big enough (like this screenshot)... 

Saw a lot of this in 7.0 as well, and 7.1 beta doesn't seem to be getting much better in the UI department (though silverlight is making it slightly better).  The whole thing needs some sort of intelligence built in if they're going to make scrollbars optional.  If not, then make it so that a scrollbar is ALWAYS visible.  I'd much rather lose 10-15 px of horizontal screen space to an unused scrollbar and still be able to do my work than to not be able to scroll due to a missing scroll bar... because when i can't get to the SAVE button, that's kind of a BAD thing!

Dec 14, 2010 03:31 PM

if everyone who constantly pesters you is gone, you can actually get stuff done!  and with them gone you can't accidentally blow up their machines (at least, not TOO badly) ;)

Dec 14, 2010 11:14 AM

I've unhid the license files on this link: 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/itms-71-beta-now-available

Dec 14, 2010 10:22 AM

I know it sounds crazy....I actually have more time to kick around the beta during the holidays.

Dec 14, 2010 09:57 AM

same question...

Dec 14, 2010 07:37 AM

Can we get new license keys for ITMS 7.1 Beta so we could keep the beta software running until the release of ITMS 7.1.

Thanks
Derik

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.