Endpoint Encryption

View Only

New Release: Announcing Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11  

Sep 30, 2014 02:10 PM

Today, Symantec is proud to announce the availability of our newly consolidated endpoint encryption solution, Symantec Endpoint Encryption v11. This solution blends best-of-breed technologies from our PGP and GuardianEdge acquisitions into a single console that includes strong disk and removable media encryption along with out-of-the-box reporting and enterprise-scale management. Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 includes the following key features:

• Built PGP Strong: High performing, strong encryption, built with PGP Hybrid Cryptographic Optimizer (HCO) technology and leveraging AES-NI hardware optimization for even faster encryption speeds
  • Robust Reporting: Administrators can take advantage of out-of-the-box compliance reports or customize their own reports to help ease the burden of proof to auditors and key stakeholders
  • Active Directory Support: Individual and group policies and keys can be synchronized with Active Directory to help speed deployments and reduce administration burdens
  • Key Recovery: Multiple recovery options allow organizations to determine the right solution for them to minimize potential lockouts and reduce HelpDesk calls
  • Single-Sign-On: SSO means fewer passwords for users to remember

Existing drive, endpoint and removable media encryption customers will be entitled to this license at no additional charge, provided they’re current on maintenance and their previous licenses have been rolled into the new one.  For customers who are not yet ready to switch to this new offering, they may continue using their existing disk encryption solutions from Symantec with the knowledge they will work in the same environment with Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11. We encourage customers to reach out to their sales teams for more information in addition to emails they should have received detailing the changes.

We’ve also dramatically streamlined our pricing and licensing strategy when it comes to how our customers purchase our encryption solutions. Management is now included with nearly every encryption solution and is baked into the license, but customers will still have the flexibility to operate in managed or unmanaged environments. Again, to make sure we continue to provide amazing support and service for our clients, we’ve entitled existing customers to this management capability at no additional cost.

Built with the Future in Mind

Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 is built on a solid foundation designed to eventually provide 3rd party native and drive encryption support.  Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 also leverages PGP technology which will be the foundation for not only sharing files over USB drives and DVD’s but eventually over networks and to the cloud.  We are committed to making roadmap enhancements with the belief that the ability to encrypt once and access anywhere is critical to the success of a usable file encryption product in the enterprise.

We hope you’re as excited about this new age of Symantec Encryption as we are to bring it to you. More coming over the next year… stay tuned!

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Tags and Keywords

Comments

May 05, 2015 11:01 PM

Hello,

As a huge fan of the SEP 12.1.5 Symantec Network Access Control (SNAC) and Host Integrity (HI) living on in SEP 12.1.5 and beyond, is there definitive tests that show Symantec Endpoint Encryption (SEE) version 11 client works under HI? The HI template says 7.0.1 or above...it is the "or above" seeking confirmation. Thanks in advance...

Mar 14, 2015 04:45 PM

I installed Endpoint Encryption on two machines, how can I tell what the status is on the process?  

Thank you

Tom

Feb 11, 2015 10:25 AM

I have a client with 70 existing PGP WDE v10.1.3 build 50 clients managed by Universal Server v3.1.2 build 50.  Support contract is expired.

They are adding new Windows 8.1 Pro systems as they continue to grow and the current version 10.1.3/3.1.2 doesn't support Windows 8.

Our Symantec sale rep stated that the new SEE v11 server can in fact manage those existing 10.1 clients and thus we will not neet to purchase any new licenses nor update each existing desktop.

I have found posts suggesting this is not the case, but nothing offical.  I have been unsuccessful finding Symantec documentation to support this assertion and do not want to go to my client with a quote just to find out on install date this isn't accurate.

Is anyone able to confirm that the existing PGP WDE 10.1.3 clients can in fact be managed by the new v11 and provide any links to TECH docs or other Symantec postings to support this claim?  I do not want to endup finding out on install that it doesn't work and have to go back to the client and say "oops, you now need to buy 70 more licenses."

Thank you,

-Rick

Oct 28, 2014 01:52 PM

MP4 was released on October 13, 2014.  If it is not showing up in your downloads with your current license, and you have a valid maintenance contract, then you should contact customer care.

Their number(s) can be found here:
http://www.symantec.com/support/assistance_care.jsp

Oct 27, 2014 10:31 PM

Mike,

You refer to SED v.10.3.2MP4. However, in checking on FileConnect, the most recent release I see [using our ExSP license] is MP3. Please advise. Thank you.

P.S. I've attached a printout of the product download contents page as presented.

Oct 27, 2014 12:43 PM

Symantec Encryption Desktop is currently on version 10.3.2 mp4.  Symantec Endpoint Encryption is the product that is currently on version 11, and it does not contain installers for anything other than Windows at this time.

Oct 27, 2014 04:37 AM

is it availaible for RED Hat linux?

i m using 10.3.1 mp1 , so ENCRYPTION DESKTOP  11 available for linux??

Oct 14, 2014 05:10 AM

Are there any plans for supporting dynamic disks in future versions?

Oct 09, 2014 12:16 PM

Hi allenchung,

An upgrade of Symantec Encryption Management Server (SEMS) 3.2 MP2 is not supported to Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 at this time.  This is a feature that is being considered in our roadmap for a future product release. 

You can configure Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server 11.0 to connect to Symantec Encryption Management Server 3.3.2 and recover Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2 clients. You can use a single console to service both the Symantec Endpoint Encryption as well as Symantec Encryption Desktop clients. However, Symantec Endpoint Encryption Management Server 11.0 is not backward-compatible with Symantec Encryption Management Server or Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.2.

This currently requires that the Symantec Encryption Management Server is upgraded to 3.3.2 or later release to support this integration feature. This does require both servers to be in place at this time to support this feature.

As far as migrating existing Symantec Drive Encryption 10.x clients (previously known as PGP Desktop) over to the Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 client.  This also is a future enhancement we are looking into with a future product release.

As it stands today, because of the major fundamental changes to the new Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 product family.  There is no migration path from existing Symantec Encryption (powered by PGP Technology) product releases.

So this would  require building a new Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 server and client deployment moving forward.If you have existing Symantec Endpoint Encryption 8.2.1 clients in your environment. The Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11 server is backwards compatible with the existing Symantec Endpoint Encrypoint Encryption 8.2.1 clients.

I hope this clarifies your question.

If you have more questions, here you can find support documentation including release notes and KB's as well as other documentation here:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=productlanding&key=55414

Oct 06, 2014 11:51 PM

How can we migrate the Encryption Management Server 3.2 MP2 and Drive Encryption client into Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11?

Or it need build a new Symantec Endpoint Encryption 11?

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.