Data Loss Prevention Cloud Service for Email

View Only
  • 1.  Questions about DLP deployment

Posted Oct 21, 2020 11:39 AM
    I purchased an Oracle standard V2 for DLP and a DLP cloud service for email subscription and I dont know how to start the deployment. When I look at the support portal to download the Oracle database and start the installation I see a lot of versions and patchs but I dont know which on should I have to download. If you can help me with the name of the files that I have to download and if you have a step by step guide or video I will aprecciate a lot because I can not find them. Thanks for your help

• 2.  RE: Questions about DLP deployment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2020 02:04 PM
    Hi Jose,

If you recently purchased Oracle Standard for DLP, I recommend you download the 19c version of Oracle.  The file name will either be WINDOWS.X64_193000_db_home.zip or LINUX.X64_193000_db_home.zip, depending on what OS platform you plan to install it to.

Here is a link for the DLP Oracle 19c Implementation guide that has instructions for installing the database needed for the DLP Enforce.  Note that the database creation process uses some template files provided by Symantec, so make sure that in your product downloads portal that you also pull down 19.3.0.0_64_bit_Installation_Tools_Windows.zip or 19.3.0.0_64_bit_Installation_Tools_Linux.tar.gz (again, depending on what platform you are installing the database to).

Here are links to the installation guides for DLP 15.7 on Windows and DLP 15.7 on Linux, depending on what OS platform you will be installing DLP Enforce to.

• 3.  RE: Questions about DLP deployment

Posted Oct 11, 2022 09:44 AM
    Hi Eric,
    I have purchased Symantec DLP 15.7 and 15.8. I have not purchased Oracle 19c because it is available free of cost. So I just need this template by Symantec for database. It is not available on my product download portal.
    "19.3.0.0_64_bit_Installation_Tools_Windows.zip" 
    Where can I get this file, I am stuck in deployment phase. Please Help

• 4.  RE: Questions about DLP deployment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2022 08:33 AM
    When you're staging the software for your installation, at some point you will need to download your "platform software".  For example: Symantec_DLP_16.0_Platform_Win-IN_16.0.00000.60853.zip

Once this has been extracted, you'll find the required response file for the Oracle installation and the template files for the database creation. You'll need to copy this zip file to your Oracle server. From the "platform" folder, navigate to \Symantec_DLP_16.0_Platform_Win-IN_16.0.00000.60853\DLP\16.0\New_Installs\Oracle_Configuration. There you will find the following zip file: 19.3.0.0_64_bit_Installation_Tools_Win.zip