i tried to do local upgrade of detection server, i placed upgrade jar file in update folder and extracted it, i executed batch file Start_upgrade_Wizard, batch file excuted but upgrade didn't happend, can any one please help me , how to troubleshoot this issue.
A couple of questions:
1. Are you running the batch file from an account that has administrator privileges?
2. What happens if you right click and select "Run as administrator" does that work?
3. Do you get an error message or does the start_upgrade batch file not run or run and terminate? What exactly happens?
Bluntly put...you're doing it wrong. I know this by the fact that you're saying that you are running the Start_Upgrade_Wizard batch file while trying to do a local upgrade of a detection server. The instructions on this are relatively clear in the upgrade guide, but here's a synopsis from memory:
(1) Unpack your upgrader jar file.
(2) Find in those files the detection server upgrade jar file.
(3) Copy that latter jar file to your detection server.
(4) Unpack that jar into a new directory in the /Vontu/Protect/updates directory.
(5) From there, run the start_local_upgrade.bat.
Good one Keith :)