Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Web Attack

Posted Sep 29, 2021 03:17 AM
    Hi,

Since yesterday I'm keep getting the popup from Symantec Endpoint protection

[SID:29565] Web Attack: Webpulse Bad reputation Domain request detected.

I ran a Active scan but nothing was found. I also reinstall chrome and deleted all temp files, but still I'm getting this popup after like every 5 minutes.

Also there are no detail about this like which process is requesting for this domain, I searched all logs in the view log section of Symantec Endpoint Protection but there is nothing.

Can anyone please tell me how can I find which process causing this alert so that I can delete/stop it.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Posted Sep 29, 2021 06:03 AM
    Hi Muhammad,

I would advice you to start with a full scan.

• 3.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Posted Sep 29, 2021 06:14 AM
    Hello,

the best way to see Intrusion Detection Logs is on the SEP Manager: Monitors - Logs - Network and Host Exploit Mitigation and make sure to select Attacks.

• 4.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2021 10:14 AM
    This is a URL Reputation detection.  Jarkom is correct view the logs on the SEPM.  Once you have the URL and if it is not malicious you can add a Trusted Web Domain exception to stop these.

------------------------------
    John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Endpoint Security Division (SES)
    Broadcom Software
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Posted Jan 19, 2022 03:16 PM
    John how do you add a trusted Web Domain Exception?

• 6.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Posted Jan 20, 2022 02:53 AM
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/symantec-security-software/endpoint-security-and-management/endpoint-protection/all/Dialog-Overview/exceptions-v8093021-d51e2316/trusted-web-domain-exception-v33640881-d51e3269.html

• 7.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Posted Jan 20, 2022 10:46 AM
    Can you please advice, how can this exception be added in cloud version?
    I can't find any controls for this action.

Thanks

• 8.  RE: Symantec Web Attack

Posted Jan 19, 2022 03:17 PM
    Muhammad can you tell me how you stopped this, i dont see an option in SEPM to **** a URL?