Endpoint Protection

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

• 1.  Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Oct 26, 2021 11:13 AM
    Hi all,
    I have had a case open for 2 months (Case#120000836)  and still no joy.  I have upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU3 and now the Endpoint Manager has this error:
    October 26, 2021 5:37:44 AM EDT: LiveUpdate successfully updated the content. Return code = 0. [Site: Site SymEnd] [Server: SymEnd]
    October 26, 2021 5:37:44 AM EDT: No updates found for SEPM LiveUpdate Database 14.3 RU3. [Site: Site SymEnd] [Server: SymEnd]
    October 26, 2021 5:37:44 AM EDT: No updates found for Endpoint Detection and Response 14.2. [Site: Site SymEnd] [Server: SymEnd]
    October 26, 2021 5:37:44 AM EDT: No updates found for Common Network Transport Library and Configuration 14.2 RU1. [Site: Site SymEnd] [Server: SymEnd]

I have created a new certificate with new keys; did not help. I sent all the Symdiag logs and all I get is "we are still looking into it"

I can update each individual client by clicking on the LIVEUPDATE Button. but the Endpoint Manager cannot get the newest definitions.  Hopefully, someone has some suggestions because the Synnex Goldseal Support team apparently doesn't have a clue.

Thanks,

Bob

• 2.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 11, 2021 10:46 AM
    I am having the same issue.  Did you ever get a solution?

• 3.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 22, 2021 11:00 AM
    Hi Bill,

I was holding out hope but so far, the answer is no.  I get an email everyday saying they will contact me but they almost never do.  I say almost because they have called several times when I have left for the day even though I have sent my working hours numerous times.  How about you?

Bob

• 4.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 22, 2021 11:10 AM

No, I just changed the policy for the clients to download direct from Symantec instead of the SEPM and have been getting by that way.

• 5.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 22, 2021 11:15 AM
    That's exactly what I did.

• 6.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 23, 2021 02:59 AM

Hello Bob, 

in one of our test environments we had a similar problem. 

We reconfigured the index of the SEP database, after that the download worked. 

Maybe it works for you too. 

Julia 

------------------------------
    [Country]

• 7.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 23, 2021 07:09 AM
    Hi Julia,
    Thanks for the suggestion!  What are the steps to reconfigure the index of the database?  I looked into the knowledge base and could not find anything.

Bob

• 8.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 23, 2021 07:44 AM

Hello Bob,

in SEP Management  
    go to Admin-->Local Site -->Select your database server and in the general tab, schedule the rebuild of the index. 
    You can rebuild or reconfigure the index directly in the database. 

Hope it helps you

Julia

[Country]

• 9.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 23, 2021 12:30 PM
    Hi Julia,
    Sad to say, it did not work but thank you for your suggestion.

Bob

• 10.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2021 12:40 PM

Hi Bob, 

Have you run a Symdiag as of yet? I can take a look.

John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Endpoint Security Division (SES)
    Broadcom Software

• 11.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 24, 2021 12:27 PM
    Hi John,
    I ran it yesterday after I received your instructions.  However, had problems uploaded them.  Was successful today.

thanks,

Bob

Attachment(s)

• 12.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 29, 2021 10:30 AM
    Hi all,
    Upgraded from Symantec manager from14.2 to 14.3 Ru1mp1 .
    On both the Production and Dr server's.
    The sepm upgraded to 14.3ru1mp1 on production is fine getting upto date definitions. But the dr server's definitions are not being updated after upgrade.
    Tried downloading the latest definitions file and uploaded to in coming folder.
    The definitions updated to latest for few mins I can see the latest date . After w be while the Symantec manager dashboard again reverts to old definitions date.

Regards
    Venkat

Sent from Android device

• 13.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 23, 2021 03:03 AM
    I have same issue but not with all clients only few clients are not getting update from SEPM 
    some are getting update from SEPM and fully updated after upgrade 14.2 to 14.3 RU3

• 14.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Posted Nov 23, 2021 11:15 AM
    I have run cleanwipe utility on few clients and now those clients are working fine and getting update from SEPM 
    Please try this and let us know ?

• 15.  RE: Upgraded from 14.2 to 14.3 RU -now manager cannot download current defintions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2021 02:31 PM

Hi Bob, 

Will you please try disabling Tamper Protection for the SEP client running on the SEPM?

Create a test group in the SEPM.

Move the SEPM server into this test group.

Then follow these steps to disable Tamper Protection:

Disable Tamper Protection on multiple clients

1. In the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEPM) console, click Clients.
    2. Select the client-group you want to modify.
    3. Click the Policies tab.
    4. Click General Settings.
    5. Click the Tamper Protection tab.
    6. Perform one of the following actions:
      • Uncheck Protection Symantec security software from being tampered with or shutdown. This disables Tamper Protection.
      • Change the drop-down menu to Log only.

Note: This setting leaves Tamper Protection enabled. However, Tamper Protection will no longer block attempts to modify SEP files, folders, processes, or Registry values.

7. Click OK. Tamper Protection is disabled for clients within this client-group, and for clients within client-groups that inherit policies from this group. This occurs as soon as the clients receive the updated policy from the SEPM.

Confirm the SEP client gets this new policy and then attempt running LiveUpdate on the SEPM.

Let me know if this resolves the issue.

John Owens
    Strategic Support Engineer | Symantec Endpoint Security Division (SES)
    Broadcom Software